Defense depth chart

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I like it. Do you see Chungong and Freeman rotating consistently depending on whether it’s a running or passing down? (Not including Whitehead for now.)

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Gamble & Kallon makes for some big dudes at Tackle.
Francis must have put in work dropping weight.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Only surprise was Kallon vs Kitchen.....maybe a good surprise. We are solid 3 deep at LB but used up pretty much everybody else in the 2 deep. Pulling hard for Whitehead.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Wow, I knew some guys enrolled early but didn't hear a peep about him all spring. I guess he must have had a good one.

Durham and Tre Jackson have really been under the radar. I would like to hear more about their progress. We saw some of Jordan and a lot of Freeman in the Spring game, and it was GOOOD.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Durham and Tre Jackson have really been under the radar. I would like to hear more about their progress. We saw some of Jordan and a lot of Freeman in the Spring game, and it was GOOOD.
MJ is very athletic. He could play a lot of positions if qb doesn't work out. TJ is just a badarse mustardflocker.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like it more if noble was our nickel guy because he's got more beef and could potentially be more effective in run support. I take it we are officially going with the 4-2-5?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Um...Keshun grew 3 inches since he enrolled?!! If he can keep his quickness as he gains weight, dude is going to be a beast with that frame.

I've always felt Jamal Golden would be a better CB than S...as well as Milton.

Good to see Kallon make an appearance on the depth chart. Looks like he lost some weight.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
really concerned about both DE positions and overall DL depth...no shock we have all talked about this alot

I do think our back 7 is athletic as its been in a while which is good! Execution and familiarity/playing speed will be key to maximize that athleticism so we see it.

Josh Joseph

Georgia Tech Fan
@Techster
I thought so too about Kallon but Pelton makes it seem like he made the depth chart by default not necessarily because he's made improvement.

"You worry about depth . . . you wonder about the inside depth," Pelton said. "Francis Kallon really hasn't progressed yet to the point where we need him to . . . and Pat missed 80 percent of the spring (Gamble was a passenger in a car accident that left him sidelined most of spring practice). He came back for the spring game and recovered two fumbles. He played decent on just a couple days of practice."

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
There are only 2 players that concern me. They are Stargel and Demond Smith. Stargel gets pushed around and just isn't the answer. Demond had some good plays last year but I remember at least 5 plays where he got burned and was chasing the defender from behind. I say we put kitchens, kallon, or gamble there and add some athleticism to the position and put Noble instead of Smith.