Dedrick Mills first JUCO game

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Thanks for the link. Hopefully he can get used to their system and crank out some yardage. Of course he'll need to fumble less to get the opportunity.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
I sincerely believe we will be fine at BB. I don't think Mills was anything more than solid.

He's a second day NFL draft choice caliber player who was money near the red-zone and short yardage situations.

CPJ will be lucky to find a BB of this caliber ever again in his career. This coming from one of the biggest Benson fan's on this board.

Chris Freeman

Jolly Good Fellow
He's a second day NFL draft choice caliber player who was money near the red-zone and short yardage situations.

CPJ will be lucky to find a BB of this caliber ever again in his career. This coming from one of the biggest Benson fan's on this board.

I think you are being a bit dramatic. He was a good player as a freshman and had the potential to be a great player in the future. What he wasn't was the once in a career type of player that you appear to be describing.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
This was in the body of the article, in case anyone was interested:

Fans also got a glimpse of Sims' newest weapon. Running back Dedrick Mills, who was dismissed from Georgia Tech earlier in the week, carried the ball four times for nine yards. He did fumble once.

"After that fumble, I told Dedrick that it was my fault," Sims said. "I put him in an unfavorable position. He just got here, so he is still digesting the playbook."

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Wow. Honestly that's...shocking, even with such a short time to figure out the playbook. Seems like most of the guys who were supposed to be "the answer" who either get dismissed or don't make it for some reason go pretty quietly (Autry, Custis, etc). Vad Lee seems to be the exception.

txsting

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow. Honestly that's...shocking, even with such a short time to figure out the playbook. Seems like most of the guys who were supposed to be "the answer" who either get dismissed or don't make it for some reason go pretty quietly (Autry, Custis, etc). Vad Lee seems to be the exception.
I think you'd have to see the 4 carries to pass judgement. Was he getting blown up behind the line, running the wrong way? He will be fine. Much more than fine.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I think you are being a bit dramatic. He was a good player as a freshman and had the potential to be a great player in the future. What he wasn't was the once in a career type of player that you appear to be describing.

He is in the football equivalent of the Florida State League in baseball. Hopefully he can make better decisions in the future and get back to the "bigs". Maybe find a home in the Big 12.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Noticed that we will be able to see Dedrick on the next season of Last Chance U. The Netflix show is now at Independence Community College in Kansas and that is who Garden City plays next week.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Noticed that we will be able to see Dedrick on the next season of Last Chance U. The Netflix show is now at Independence Community College in Kansas and that is who Garden City plays next week.

I was hoping Last Chance U were going to Coahoma Community College for season 3. But I guess they wanted to get out of Mississippi lol.