Article Decision day for Tech targets

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Today is a big day for Georgia Tech as two top RB targets are set to decide..Shai McKenzie and CJ Leggett.

Targets

Shai has taken official visits to FSU, VT, Pitt and GT...he is now down to Pitt, VT and GT and will announce his choice at 1:30 today...entering Wednesday it was thought that Pitt was the likely leader but things changed rapidly as the day progressed. Majority of the VT insiders now feel very confident about where they stand with him after a late surge by the Hokies...Whats going on behind the scenes is what makes his pick tomorrow very hazy. His Dad did not like the VT trip and wants him at Pitt or GT with Pitt being his first choice...his Mom feels the same way but she likes GT over Pitt. They have both told him that the decision is his though and that they will stand by what he does...however they are making it strongly known that they would like GT or Pitt. I have talked to several people about Shai today as the day went on almost all have said VT...I have only heard one person say that GT could have a better shot than people think...it will be a fun one to watch tomorrow and whatever school he picks should not be shock to anyone.

Final guess - VT

CJ Leggett landed a Georgia Tech offer last week and named GT his leader shortly after that. He is someone the staff has had a eye on the for awhile and someone they have felt they could land with a offer...and it looks like we will do just that. It would be a huge surprise if CJ commits to any school besides Georgia Tech tomorrow. He is a very athletic back who can play both positions...has great hands. I think he is perfect fit in our offense.

Final guess - GT

What does this mean moving forward

Assuming that McKenzie goes elsewhere and that Leggett commits to Tech...We will look to take another back in this class...Which could be Rogers, Autry, Sanders, etc. I think that under this scenario we would end up with Myles Autry as the other running back in this class. Which is not a bad pickup at all and I would be thrilled with a Custis, Leggett and Autry backfield going forward.

Let's say we land McKenzie and Leggett tomorrow...Then it would be very interesting to see what the staff decides to do going forward. I still think they would try to squeeze another back in if they could find room and again think that it would be Myles Autry...however it is not 100% that we would take another back in this class and it could leave Autry on the outside looking in.

Currently after talking to Mike Rogers I am not sold that he ends up anywhere besides UCF at this time...until we get him in for a OV my projection is UCF.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm fairly certain that Shai won't actually make his final decision until like 1:29. Anyway, I hope we get both and Autry would be an interesting get for us. Eric do we have any other b-backs we're looking at?

Chad

Georgia Tech Fan
@ Eric
Can you send me a link to Mike Rogers highlights? What class did he play in and what was his team record?