Dear Coach Collins and Todd Stansbury

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Dear Coach Collins and Mr. Todd Stansbury
I'm having a hard time understanding what y"all are doing. We won 3 games in 2018 and most of we were ok with it, with a new coaching staff. Then in 2019 we won 3 games again well at that point you lost a few fans but the rest of us did understand that covid messed up that season. Last came 2020 well most of us thought we could win 5 to 7 games but once again we won 3 games again. At this point you lost a lot more fans.

Now Coach Collins fired our Offensive coordinator and a couple of defensive coaches which we knew would happen. Then you replaced the offensive coordinator with Coach Long and you hired a defensive back Coach Tillman. That was fine we are willing to see what they can do.

Back as I look back at the last 3 seasons I noticed one thing our defensive has got worse each year. Most of us are waiting to see who our new defensive coordinator would be. So I looked at our site and guess what Coach Thacker is STILL LISTED AS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR is this a mistake or some Aprils Fools joke in Dec. Mr. Stansbury you keep sending me letters and E-mails wanting me to send you more money.

Now I understand both of you think we are dumb and what you have done will made everyone happy, But the fact is We want a new defensive coordinator NOT THACKER AND NOT TOLD YOU TELLING U|S COACH COLLINS will be the defensive coordinator all you are doing is blowing smoke up our ***.

Now go find us a defensive coordinator or both of you need to update your resumes, Hint Duke is looking for a coach,
(PS guess we can wait till 2022 and find out who The next AD names as our new Head Coach)

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
We all love GT Football. But sometimes I am curious about perspective and priorities.

There are many things in life that IMO are more important than who GT selects as OC and DC or whatever. Priorities and Perspective.

1. God.
2. Family and Friends.
3. Everything else to include GT football.

You can make your own list. But regardless, we can live a better life by not putting all our happiness into GT sports.

Hope your day gets better.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I'm having a hard time understanding what y"all are doing. We won 3 games in 2018 and most of we were ok with it, with a new coaching staff. Then in 2019 we won 3 games again well at that point you lost a few fans but the rest of us did understand that covid messed up that season. Last came 2020 well most of us thought we could win 5 to 7 games but once again we won 3 games again. At this point you lost a lot more fans.

Now Coach Collins fired our Offensive coordinator and a couple of defensive coaches which we knew would happen. Then you replaced the offensive coordinator with Coach Long and you hired a defensive back Coach Tillman. That was fine we are willing to see what they can do.

Back as I look back at the last 3 seasons I noticed one thing our defensive has got worse each year. Most of us are waiting to see who our new defensive coordinator would be. So I looked at our site and guess what Coach Thacker is STILL LISTED AS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR is this a mistake or some Aprils Fools joke in Dec. Mr. Stansbury you keep sending me letters and E-mails wanting me to send you more money.

Now I understand both of you think we are dumb and what you have done will made everyone happy, But the fact is We want a new defensive coordinator NOT THACKER AND NOT TOLD YOU TELLING U|S COACH COLLINS will be the defensive coordinator all you are doing is blowing smoke up our ***.

Now go find us a defensive coordinator or both of you need to update your resumes, Hint Duke is looking for a coach,
(PS guess we can wait till 2022 and find out who The next AD names as our new Head Coach)
[email protected]
The party you intended to reach with this e-mail was not found. Please check your intended receivers address and try again.
Thank you

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer

There is a lot of speculation that Collins will run the D next year and Thacker will go back to linebacker coach. If that is true, I am good with that. I don't think we could hire a defensive coordinator that has a better resume than Collins had as a defensive coordinator before taking over Tulane. Not ideal, but that type of setup did treat us pretty well under CPJ.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
There is a lot of speculation that Collins will run the D next year and Thacker will go back to linebacker coach. If that is true, I am good with that. I don't think we could hire a defensive coordinator that has a better resume than Collins had as a defensive coordinator before taking over Tulane. Not ideal, but that type of setup did treat us pretty well under CPJ.
I don't get why Collins didn't just announce that when he fired the OC. We'd grumble some but move on. Are we in danger of losing recruits if Thacker is demoted, hence waiting till signing day to announce? I can't imagine any recruits not expecting this to happen

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
There is a lot of speculation that Collins will run the D next year and Thacker will go back to linebacker coach. If that is true, I am good with that. I don't think we could hire a defensive coordinator that has a better resume than Collins had as a defensive coordinator before taking over Tulane Temple. Not ideal, but that type of setup did treat us pretty well under CPJ.
FIFY

He does have a good track record as DC, but it's confounding why he couldn't fix some of Thacker's problems - especially not getting the signals in on time and allowing such horrid play out of the defensive backfield even though it's supposed to be his forte. I know he has a good track record, but something seems off. I just can't imagine him getting it together when he can't even manage the clock.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
The money I give every year they would not answer me, :)
I sent Todd two emails this year. One had to do with the treatment some of our fans received from Sweetwater, yet Sweetwater was still sold in the stadium. The other asked the simple question of why should I renew my season tickets. You would think they would have (at the leas) a form-letter response saying something like “ thanks for contacting GTAA”. Instead , I got …..crickets. I probably don’t donate enough to be considered worthy of a reply ☹️ 🤬

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
NO, that setup did not work well under Johnson. He was a good OC, but recruiting and other HC duties suffered. There is a reason that no one at the FBS level carries HC and coordinator duties. Modern FBS level football has too many tasks for multiple hats. That is also a reason we had a mediocre FBS record under Johnson even while playing in the weakest division in P5. His record proves it, even if the GT Swarm myth says otherwise.

We need a DC not named Thacker but we need to pay for quality. DC is the highest salary position (on average) in P5 behind the HC. If Long is making $800K, we should expect to pay more for a DC, and not the $450K Thacker was making a year ago. That's position coach pay these days.

As a PS, Gailey was the defacto OC, and that didn't work either.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I sent Todd two emails this year. One had to do with the treatment some of our fans received from Sweetwater, yet Sweetwater was still sold in the stadium. The other asked the simple question of why should I renew my season tickets. You would think they would have (at the leas) a form-letter response saying something like “ thanks for contacting GTAA”. Instead , I got …..crickets. I probably don’t donate enough to be considered worthy of a reply ☹️ 🤬
Do one step better. Pick up a pen and handwrite a letter. Everyone takes the easy route these days writes emails. Handwriting imbues something special for the recipient.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
NO, that setup did not work well under Johnson. He was a good OC, but recruiting and other HC duties suffered. There is a reason that no one at the FBS level carries HC and coordinator duties. Modern FBS level football has too many tasks for multiple hats. That is also a reason we had a mediocre FBS record under Johnson even while playing in the weakest division in P5. His record proves it, even if the GT Swarm myth says otherwise.

We need a DC not named Thacker but we need to pay for quality. DC is the highest salary position (on average) in P5 behind the HC. If Long is making $800K, we should expect to pay more for a DC, and not the $450K Thacker was making a year ago. That's position coach pay these days.

As a PS, Gailey was the defacto OC, and that didn't work either.
Mike Leach says hi. He had a pretty good team this year too.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I don't trust Collins will stay put as the defensive coordinator for a full season and will wind up turning it back over to Thacker. Of course I've been having trust issues every since my parents left me at the zoo. Then there was the time I was picking up my date and no one was home. I could go on.