DC Andrew Thacker’s background from NE Georgia...

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Up around these parts in northeast Georgia where I live, high school football fans and folks in the know around here are very impressed by Andrew Thacker. For your information, my fellow GT fans, here’s an excellent article about him that was published by a local newspaper back in 2013:

https://www.forsythnews.com/sports/...hacker-working-way-up-college-coaching-ranks/

It is a great read and it shows Thacker’s intense drive and determination to succeed as a young man, only five years ago.

Folks, we’ve got a very good one in Andrew Thacker.

Scubapro

Banned
I don't know about this guy...but I played for his dad for one year and spent a week riding around Georgia with him in driver's education. Bruce Miller is a good person and coach. Hopefully his step son is cut from the same cloth.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I'm fairly stoked about the possibility of Thacker coming down to GT. I had read his bio as soon as Geoff was announced as our head coach with the idea that he'd probably bring some of his staff with him. Thacker was one of the guys I liked the best from that staff for a variety of reasons so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that this happens, especially considering the Diaz flip-flop.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Up around these parts in northeast Georgia where I live, high school football fans and folks in the know around here are very impressed by Andrew Thacker. For your information, my fellow GT fans, here’s an excellent article about him that was published by a local newspaper back in 2013:

https://www.forsythnews.com/sports/...hacker-working-way-up-college-coaching-ranks/

It is a great read and it shows Thacker’s intense drive and determination to succeed as a young man, only five years ago.

Folks, we’ve got a very good one in Andrew Thacker.
Coach Thacker would be a great hire for Coach Collins:cool: