Dayton @ GT thread

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Will be a good test for us tonight.

Agree. Dayton has some size in the front court. And Gregory recruited several of their players. They will play hard.

Picked short summary this up from espn:

Points Rebounds Assists

DAY Pierre 15.3 Oliver 8.7 Oliver 2.7

GT Golden 15.3 Miller 8.3 Poole 3.3

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Their starting 5 should be able to keep within reach of our starters, but our depth should make this one pretty easy

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Indeed. What a boneheaded coaching move for Dayton leaving their best player in with 2 fouls.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
wow, really frustrating. golden commits 4 turnovers, 3 consecutively. 10 turnovers already. robert carter needs to get the red light from the arc. he takes his chances frequently and rarely hits it.

ASURAMS07

Jolly Good Fellow
This has been the worse first half performance of the season so far. This will not cut it in ACC play. I hope they come out strong in the second half and put it on Dayton. They have two of their best players in foul trouble and Dayton bench is not that deep. Lets Go Jackets!!!

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Where did the Jackets get the idea that they were a 3 point shooting team? It is OK to work for a nice shot in the paint.

As some of us said, Dayton would be a challenge.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Seem to be playing waay too fast. Can't believe I'm saying this but we've gotta slow down and grind it on both ends.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Seem to be playing waay too fast. Can't believe I'm saying this but we've gotta slow down and grind it on both ends.

we need to take what dayton gives us. when the break is on, we've had opportunity but haven't converted. at the end of the first half, it wasn't there, but we still wanted to keep up tempo...our guards need to manage that better or coach gregory needs to get louder. ugly, ugly way to end a half.

ASURAMS07

Jolly Good Fellow
Ugly, ugly way to start the half. If we don't get serious quick Dayton is going to run away with this game SOON!!!

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
this is embarrassing. can i just have one team, one team in one sport, of all the teams that I follow, not look like a disorganized mess? Even if we get our **** together and get a win out of this, its still so, so ugly