Days over Laskey?

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely not. I wish Days would have stayed as a punishing Aback. Hes wasting away at Bback. Id only use him to spell Laskey. I think against the better Ds we will move him back. There wasnt alot of room to run today. Alot of bodies in the box. Laskey will be fine. Remember we have a ton of new faces on our Oline

Milwaukee

Banned
Need a more explosive player at that position imo. But sounds like I'm in the minority. I'll support Laskey 100% if he continues to start.

Might not support the coaching decision, but will support Laskey if they put him out there.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
your saying you want a more explosive player and you think Days is it? Below is our rushing stats for the day. I just watched the game on DVR and was impressed with how hard Laskey ran and this while getting hit at or behind the LOS much of the day. He still churned out 70 yards when the OL struggled to block their DT's. Wofford wasn't nearly as bad as you would think. The tape doesn't lie. They were a well coached team and played very hard the whole game.

Justin Thomas 13 71 5.5
Zach Laskey 15 70 4.7
Synjyn Days 5 23 4.6
Charles Perkins3 19 6.3
B.J. Bostic3 17 5.7
Tony Zenon11 41 4.0
Broderick Snoddy 1 9 9.
Matt Connors 1 4 4.0

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
your saying you want a more explosive player and you think Days is it? Below is our rushing stats for the day. I just watched the game on DVR and was impressed with how hard Laskey ran and this while getting hit at or behind the LOS much of the day. He still churned out 70 yards when the OL struggled to block their DT's. Wofford wasn't nearly as bad as you would think. The tape doesn't lie. They were a well coached team and played very hard the whole game.

Justin Thomas 13 71 5.5
Zach Laskey 15 70 4.7
Synjyn Days 5 23 4.6
Charles Perkins3 19 6.3
B.J. Bostic3 17 5.7
Tony Zenon11 41 4.0
Broderick Snoddy 1 9 9.
Matt Connors 1 4 4.0
Team1-1-1.000
Team432265.3318
What do those numbers mean?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I thought both looked good too. W was selling out to stop the middle but we still got 4-5 yards. No fumbles or balls on the ground even though there was a lot of contact. The mesh looked quick too. In the first half there were 2 or so times I think JT should have kept or pitched rather than hand off. (Boomer will rule on that one.)

But I'm worried about Laskey's confidence since he didn't get to play the whole game. (tic)

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
Some of you are amazing. For the past 2 years some of you were raising all kinds of you-know-what about Laskey playing over the starter, and that he was getting the short end of the stick. Now he plays his first game as "the man" and you guys are already calling for the guy that has been at the position for a few weeks to take over. This thread is unbelievable.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Some of you are amazing. For the past 2 years some of you were raising all kinds of you-know-what about Laskey playing over the starter, and that he was getting the short end of the stick. Now he plays his first game as "the man" and you guys are already calling for the guy that has been at the position for a few weeks to take over. This thread is unbelievable.

Well…I think it was just one guy. But enjoyed your rant.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Days played nasty and took some extra yards with his toughness. I don't think that'll work with more physical larger sized defenses (not to take anything away from Wofford.) I hope it does because it's demoralizing, but Laskey is the better choice. If Days can come in and put some bruises on linebackers for a few carries per game it'll only help Zach

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Zach seems to put his own bruises on opposing defenses. I agree Laskey is better choice. Balance and ball security all are better and don't forget about the passing game. You need 2 BB and I think they both will do fine.