Days Learning From Godhigh?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Days had one rocket toss in the game. He receives the toss and is running at 2/3 speed. This reduced speed allows him to make a cut back inside without "breaking". Godhigh also ran at 2/3 speed and made cuts back inside without "breaking".

Now here is Zenon putting on the breaks. He is going to fast to make that sharp of a cut inside. He would be better off trying to get to the edge or maybe a few yards at the bounds.

Here Zenon has already turned up and makes a cut without applying the breaks.

Here Zenon could have used better blocking from Bostic and less juking and more running.

Needless to say, I would like to see the A back either at 2/3 speed and cut or full speed all the way to the edge (and no juking only cutting). Breaking does not work.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
In video one, if days is at full speed could he have gotten outside for a huge gain?

In video two. Ugggh.

Video three. Smelter makes a huge hole by blocking the CB, then taking on the DE. Wow! I could run through that hole...

Video four good example of a quick pitch. That would have been a sack last year. Our QB last year would have just wilted in that spot. Watch this play again and watch TB. How many defenders are within 5 feet of him? I know you wanted to point out downfield blocking but the key to this play was TB.

Nice videos. Thanks for posting.

/

Last edited:

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
In video one, if days is at full speed could he have gotten outside for a huge gain?

In video two. Ugggh.

Video three. Smelter makes a huge hole by blocking the CB, then taking on the DE. Wow! I could run through that hole...

Video four good example of a quick pitch. That would have been a sack last year. Our QB last year would have just wilted in that spot. Watch this play again and watch TB. How many defenders are within 5 feet of him? I know you wanted to point out downfield blocking but the key to this play was TB.

Nice videos. Thanks for posting.

/

That's an incredibly risky pitch. If he does this against VT or Clemson and the LB doesn't bite so hard towards the QB (they won't...they have been using the strategy of dumping the pitch guy and forcing the QB to turn up inside), don't be surprised to see a fumble or an intercepted pitch returned for a touchdown.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
That's an incredibly risky pitch. If he does this against VT or Clemson and the LB doesn't bite so hard towards the QB (they won't...they have been using the strategy of dumping the pitch guy and forcing the QB to turn up inside), don't be surprised to see a fumble or an intercepted pitch returned for a touchdown.
Not that risky if you ask me. The Aback had plenty of depth and separation from the defender. It was a heads up play by Byerly.

Who was the backside blitzing defender? Wow, great speed, tenacity and effort to chase down that play. I wish I could say the same for Bostic's weak arse cut attempt as the lead blocker. Another whiff. I know that's a tough play in space, but it's what they have to be able to do to make this O work.

pckl300

Georgia Tech Fan
The way Days scampered for more yards as he was going down reminds me of Nesbitt. Gain 3 yards while getting tackled? I'll take that all day.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The way Days scampered for more yards as he was going down reminds me of Nesbitt. Gain 3 yards while getting tackled? I'll take that all day.
There is a lot about Days that reminds me of Nesbitt. What we need from Days is to try and keep his feet on the ground more, unless jumping over the goal line. Knowing when a play is over and then diving forward was one of Nesbitt's great strengths. Days sometimes dives when there is still more to get by using his feet.