Interview Davonte James Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Georgia Tech has their sights set on a big time linebacker. If you follow recruiting then you have probably heard of Davonte James. He is ranked a top 300 player in the country and there are plenty of reasons why! He has offers from many great programs and has interest from Alabama. However, if you talk to his high school coach you will see that he isn't a diva when it comes to recruiting. “I don’t think he’s the type of kid that wants to gobble up as many offers and see a lot of schools. It’s just me speculating and going off the Davonte I think I know.”

Who are your favorites and do you have a leader?

"Georgia Tech, West Virginia, and Purdue are my favorites. But Georgia Tech and West Virginia and West Virginia are my favorites. I love a lot of things about West Virginia and I love everything about Georgia Tech."

What position are they recruiting you to play?

"Mike which is the middle linebacker."

What is your preference for the position that you would like to play in college?

"I would like to play either the Will or Mike."

What is your biggest strength & the things you want to get better at this year?

"Coming downhill is my biggest strength. Making more plays and attacking better."

Who is recruiting you from Georgia Tech?

"Coach Walkosky is and I like everything about him."

What is Georgia Tech selling to you the most?

"Playing time and consistently competing for the ACC."

What did you like about your visit to Georgia Tech?

"Everything! I like the campus,stadium,academics,living style, coaching staff, and surrounding area."

When are you deciding?

"Late July or early August."

How do your parents feel about your favorites?

"They feel good about both of them."

Who do you compare your game to in the NFL?

"Brian Urlacher."

What is your current weight and height?

"6'3 and 233."

Are you going to check out any more schools before you decide?

"Yes sir."

The most important thing is that Georgia Tech is in the thick of it for Davonte James and we have a great shot with this outstanding player. He is supposed to be attending an Alabama camp and the staff might offer him. It is always difficult competing with the title contender but Georgia Tech has made a great impression. Whoever lands James is getting one heck of a football player that is ready to impact the game when he steps foot on campus.

Click here for the dedicated discussion thread for Davonte James

Last edited by a moderator:

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
It's funny he likes the surrounding areas of GT, but look at WVU and BAMA. Kind of opposites. I think WVU is his safety school close to home which is where he'll go if his family won't let him leave - honestly they offer nothing else. Half of their games are logistics nightmares, no time for school, but then again it is WVU. Bama is his reach school, if they offer he can get a real chance at hoisting a few crystal balls. GT is that school that is "Just Right." We have everything he could possibly want, hell he says he loves everything about the school. We just gotta work the family so they let him come. Of course if he gets the Bama offer then we'll have some issues. If he picks them, I'll start a fund going so we can send him some Dalvin Tomlinson soccer jerseys ( http://tinyurl.com/mk4o343 ) ;) Kidding of course...

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Nice looking LB, he has good size and in looking at his video he is not worried at all about sticking his nose into a play. Nice flow inside to outside, solid tackler and he looks lihe he reads and diagnoses the play well. The pick 6 at the end show his athleticism. He's a keeper!

hdgtfan

Georgia Tech Fan
It's funny he likes the surrounding areas of GT, but look at WVU and BAMA. Kind of opposites. I think WVU is his safety school close to home which is where he'll go if his family won't let him leave - honestly they offer nothing else. Half of their games are logistics nightmares, no time for school, but then again it is WVU. Bama is his reach school, if they offer he can get a real chance at hoisting a few crystal balls. GT is that school that is "Just Right." We have everything he could possibly want, hell he says he loves everything about the school. We just gotta work the family so they let him come. Of course if he gets the Bama offer then we'll have some issues. If he picks them, I'll start a fund going so we can send him some Dalvin Tomlinson soccer jerseys ( http://tinyurl.com/mk4o343 ) ;) Kidding of course...

So GT needs to be his Goldilocks school which is just right for him. Heck I
Want to see us become Goldilocks for more recruits, at least the word 'Gold' is
part of that

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think we have a really good shot at him as long as Bama doesn't offer. Then it will be tough for us and West Virginia.

If we get him plus the other LB's we currently have and the DB's this would be a very solid defensive class! Just need a couple more D-linemen!

Status
Not open for further replies.