David Curry Entering NFL Draft

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
You don't have to be drafted to earn an NFL paycheck. You can still make your mark as an undrafted free agent. Plenty of those guys make rosters every year. Some get signed to the practice squad and can potentially get called to the active roster. Curry only needs to convince one team. I think proving he can excel at special teams will be key for him.
As for Camp I think he has some untapped potential at wr. He has only really played in a passing offense for one season but showed really good hands. He will need to wow during the physical testing and we already know he will kill the interviews. I hope both these guys make an NFL roster. That would be good for them and GT.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It's a good thing that professionals are actually going to assess his ability and make judgement rather than rely on fans of the team he's given 6 years of his life to.

I think "sorry" is an apt description.

We do not have forum rules against being stupid or posting stupid things. That is why you see a handful of posters who bring nothing of value to the discussion appear here regularly. Freedom of speech. But as a mod, some small portion of things I read here make me cringe. It was that way even before I joined the team here at GT Swarm.

Curry, like Reggie Ball, gave all he had for GT FB. unfortunately, that isn't enough for the vocal lunatic fringe of the fanbase.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Camp will have outstanding strength numbers. If his 40 and etc are pretty solid I bet he makes a team.

NorthsideJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
A throwback to the 1970s / 80s. Strong and tough. Reminds me of fellow named Buddy Curry
Positives:
  • Height and weight
  • Good open field tackler
  • Smart and has a good football background
Negatives
  • Speed
  • Has trouble defeating blockers on blitz packages
  • Questionable pass defender. (I think this can be an area he could improve with the right NFL coach)

I hope he makes it.
Sorry, just had to do it :LOL:

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
As much as we all love and appreciate his passion for the game and dedication to the program, this is simply a factual statement. NFL is all about speed...

Another unchangeable factor not in his favor is his age. He will be almost 26 by the time summer pre-season camps start. He has had more “road mileage” (physical wear and tear) simply by playing more years. The average rookie age is 21.7 years, and the average tenure of an NFL player is 3.3 years.

Still, as many others have opined in the thread, I hope he gets a tryout and has a chance to follow his dream. Either way he has good options ahead of him. As so many college programs express, including GT, it’s a 40-year decision.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
The great thing is what we say on the message board does not matter. This outstanding young man will have an opportunity to fulfill his dream and I will be pulling for him. There are guys in the NFL today that many thought would never make it but they were able to defy the odds. Whether he makes it or not at least he will get his opportunity.