Dave Patenaude's Offense

LibertyTurns

Banned
We should have been way better the second Ross took over. He couldnt coach his way out of a we paper bag! That it took him a few seasons to turn us around is an embarrassment. Will NEVER live down that Maryland loss.

I dont care if Collins inherited a 3-8 team with a crappy defense and personel recruited and trained to run a unique offense--one in which skills and physique do not carry over to mainstream offenses. Losing to the Citadel shall forever and ever be his enduring legacy! And I shall post about it relentlessly.
This has been discussed a hundred times on here. Ross had a track record before he came here. It wasn’t a surprise he did what he did. Ross was already a successful coach at the level we play.

We have 6th in the ACC level talent. CGC inherited 10th in the ACC talent. It’s not like he took over the roster of Southwest eastern north Texas Louisiana Community college talent.

We expected to get beat today by a good margin, not massacred for an ACC record 66 point loss. The record is what it is. Need to get better from here.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
2nd and 1, 3rd and 1 we can't convert. Why do we not know how to get 1 yard???? I do not like this offense. I like Gibbs. He's fun, but that's it. There is nothing good about an offense that can't consistently get 1 yard!!!!!!
Not today against the greatest program in college football but we've been converting 3rd downs like crazy this year. What in the world is this hot take?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Not today against the greatest program in college football but we've been converting 3rd downs like crazy this year. What in the world is this hot take?

Coming in we were converting 44.26% of our third downs. That would have been good for 27th last year almost exactly with what Clemson achieved. BTW that's pretty much also exactly what Army is achieving this year on third downs.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I think that poster you responded to had a good point. For instance, Clemson today had 29 first downs and we only had 7. Perhaps our OC can call the same kind of plays that the Clemson OC did going forward? That should clean things up quite nicely for us. As I noticed that not only did they have more first downs, they also scored more points. I know correlation is not causation but maybe there is a relationship in this case?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I think that poster you responded to had a good point. For instance, Clemson today had 29 first downs and we only had 7. Perhaps our OC can call the same kind of plays that the Clemson OC did going forward? That should clean things up quite nicely for us. As I noticed that not only did they have more first downs, they also scored more points. I know correlation is not causation but maybe there is a relationship in this case?
The problem has been obvious with the current staff for 2 years. Our OC almost never calls as many first down or touchdown plays as the other team. It’s infuriating really. How come the other team’s call touchdown plays and we don’t?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Are you seriously trying to compare our personnel vs Clemson personnel? Is this a joke post?

There's no play you could have called today on 3rd down that would have gained consistent first downs against Clemson's defense. I don't even know why I have to say this. Clemson is ****ing good dude, like really ****ing good.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Are you seriously trying to compare our personnel vs Clemson personnel? Is this a joke post?

There's no play you could have called today on 3rd down that would have gained consistent first downs against Clemson's defense. I don't even know why I have to say this. Clemson is ****ing good dude, like really ****ing good.
Relax my friend. It was a really poor attempt at sarcasm. I should have used an emoji or something.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Time to flush this one and move on but I don't think I will ever forget this loss. It's up there with the Notre Dame loss when they ran the score up after we had tied them the previous year. I don't care how good GC may get this team in the future here. This one sticks as a low point. Time will tell if he is a legit P5 coach.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
We have 6th in the ACC level talent. CGC inherited 10th in the ACC talent. I

How do you know that? Because a bunch of know nothings at Rivals or 247 say so?

We did recruit OK at A-back, but it takes linemen to have a talented team. We aren't even 10th in that department, and if you believe we are, you haven't been watching very much ACC football.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
There was a 4th and 1 in the first quarter yesterday, we had the ball in Clemson territory and were going for it, and DP calls for a handoff from the shotgun right up the middle that of course got stopped 2 yards in the backfield. That about sums up DP to me - he should know Clemson's line is going to eat our line's lunch, yet he has no plan to account for that. No creativity, no adjustments. It appears we have a very below average gameday head coach and two very below average gameday coordinators, and our sole hope for winning games is out-talenting the other team or hoping they make a lot more mistakes than we do. No dialing up plays to take advantage of the other teams weaknesses or schemes, just gonna run what we run and hope that's enough.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
There was a 4th and 1 in the first quarter yesterday, we had the ball in Clemson territory and were going for it, and DP calls for a handoff from the shotgun right up the middle that of course got stopped 2 yards in the backfield. That about sums up DP to me - he should know Clemson's line is going to eat our line's lunch, yet he has no plan to account for that. No creativity, no adjustments. It appears we have a very below average gameday head coach and two very below average gameday coordinators, and our sole hope for winning games is out-talenting the other team or hoping they make a lot more mistakes than we do. No dialing up plays to take advantage of the other teams weaknesses or schemes, just gonna run what we run and hope that's enough.

Yeah, CDP should’ve thrown 50 yd vertical or swing pass to Gibbs, maybe we should’ve lined in flexbone & ran triple That would’ve definitely got Clemson

This is what laughable by these comments, there is nothing he could’ve done that would’ve pleased you guys. Attack Clemson weakness? Lol what weakness

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, CDP should’ve thrown 50 yd vertical or swing pass to Gibbs, maybe we should’ve lined in flexbone & ran triple That would’ve definitely got Clemson

This is what laughable by these comments, there is nothing he could’ve done that would’ve pleased you guys. Attack Clemson weakness? Lol what weakness
I'm not saying Clemson specifically has a weakness, was referring to all teams we play in general but maybe get under center and try to push instead of starting in shotgun, or do something where you get a guy 1 on 1 with the ball quickly where the disadvantage is less and may be beaten with a small mistake. What we ran was about the equivalent of setting your passcode to 0000 or 1234 and hoping that keeps you secure.