Data mining from Phil steele mag

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Love him or hate him ,his mag is heavy with info.
1.He has us with 9th hardest schedule.
2.PJ is 10-10 at Tech after a bye. also 21-21 after a loss
3.Steele uses Tech last yr stats to get us -
19th of 129 teams in-- OFF yds per play +sacks %
69th of 129 in -DEF yds per play +sacks
btw--we were 118 of 129 teams in Def sacks #
4.On projected Oline starters we were easily the lightest OLine
5.Steele had us as #24 in STs last yr
6.scheduling- good news-VT plays uM before us --bad news -dook has a bye then plays Army(same O) before us
7.He has us 4th in Coastal (see #1 point)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Love him or hate him ,his mag is heavy with info.
1.He has us with 9th hardest schedule.
2.PJ is 10-10 at Tech after a bye. also 21-21 after a loss
3.Steele uses Tech last yr stats to get us -
19th of 129 teams in-- OFF yds per play +sacks %
69th of 129 in -DEF yds per play +sacks
btw--we were 118 of 129 teams in Def sacks #
4.On projected Oline starters we were easily the lightest OLine
5.Steele had us as #24 in STs last yr
6.scheduling- good news-VT plays uM before us --bad news -dook has a bye then plays Army(same O) before us
7.He has us 4th in Coastal (see #1 point)
I was following you until number seven. We have way too much experience/talent returning imo.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I really want CPJ to watch the Duke and Army game and come out showing an exact play that Army runs and then have a twist in there that just destroys Duke's D
Reminds me of the Vandy game. I want to say someone asked CPJ about a play and he said he knew it would work when he got the specific look they gave him, which he figured he would get. It was the first play of the game, a TD pass to Marshall.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This is one of the things that makes our offense so great. That CPJ tweaks in game and the offense organically has adaptations which have been repped and re-repped multiple days in weekly workouts allows us to make small variations to a rehearsed play with maximum benefit and minimal risk of having it blown up on account of confusion from the O.

Milwaukee

Banned
Phil Steele is awesome. He's not accurate, as nobody is, but he's such a dork about college football and that makes him awesome.

Follow him on social media and you'll see the setup at his home for watching football on Saturdays, he rolls 9 tv's deep. He was the inspiration for my mancave.

The guy does nothing but evaluate stats from cfb games year round.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He also had a good one on the double move with Stewart early against Duke. He saw them in warm ups aggressively attacking hook routes and had Stewart run a stop and go and the defender bit so hard he was wide open down the sideline. http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/p...ay-based-duke-warmups/erpKaRthVAze02A2riWbUK/
Johnson sometimes watches the other team warm up to try to pick up ideas, particularly he said, “if they do it right in front of me.”

I guess they'll be warning up on the other side of the field this year. LOL.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I guess they'll be warning up on the other side of the field this year. LOL.

Thanks to the article, CPJ will be aware that they know he watches their warm ups. If he now knows that they know too, he may or may not watch them warm up. They may warm up in similar fashion - they may warm up thinking that CPJ is not watching, in which case they warm up as normal. OR, they may disguise their warmups believing that CPJ is watching, in which case this year he may or may not be because now he knows that they know too. Basically, it's now just a mind game that is beyond the understanding of most. This is chaos theory to the 32nd power. it's why these guys make the kind of money they do. To shamelessly plagiarize a bit here, you don't talk to Coach. You listen to him. The man has enlarged our my minds. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. Sometimes you say hello to him. And he will just walk right by you. He won't even notice you.What are they going to say about Coach? That he was a kind man? That he was a wise man? That he had wisdom? Brother, unless you have been in that particular jungle, the understanding may be beyond what you or I can even comprehend.

the tl;dr read version: I surely hope we beat Duke. And most other teams too. Especially Uga at home...that is the sacred white buffalo of our people. Cheers.