Daryl Smith earns his GT degree!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Congrats. Nice to see a guy from the kg years coming back to the mothership to do good things. Gotta be tough to return after all this time.

Doesn't this open the door to a coaching career?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I think Megatron finishing his degree really helped him as well. He already had the funds, but I think the degree helped him in the medical marijuana industry for sure. Congrats to all the guys for finishing it up

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
a great story about a recruit that got a chance and did just fine. High school numbers don't mean alot at tech. It really doesn't. I watched valedictorian after valedictorian fail out left and right because they never learned how to work. Just as kids the may have whatever reason for their scores, can do just fine.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
a great story about a recruit that got a chance and did just fine. High school numbers don't mean alot at tech. It really doesn't. I watched valedictorian after valedictorian fail out left and right because they never learned how to work. Just as kids the may have whatever reason for their scores, can do just fine.

You mean them dudes and ladies who fall completely apart if they get a 'C' on a quiz instead of an 'A'. And never quite understand that sometimes 'D' (in a class) stands for 'done' at Tech.

Salient words by you. I was a year behind in math when I graduated HS but I got through GT (eventually ;)).

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
You mean them dudes and ladies who fall completely apart if they get a 'C' on a quiz instead of an 'A'. And never quite understand that sometimes 'D' (in a class) stands for 'done' at Tech.

Salient words by you. I was a year behind in math when I graduated HS but I got through GT (eventually ;)).

I remember the balancing act that was figuring out which classes I could A and which I could C to maintain a B for hope. It all came down to workload management. Sometimes the difference between a C and B in one class meant that another class that would be an easy A but just took time would drop to a C. One of the best skills tech teaches is prioritization.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I remember the balancing act that was figuring out which classes I could A and which I could C to maintain a B for hope. It all came down to workload management. Sometimes the difference between a C and B in one class meant that another class that would be an easy A but just took time would drop to a C. One of the best skills tech teaches is prioritization.

Omfg those were the days. Grade management, baybee. I put off taking diffyq's for a while until I could pair it with an easy A class. :ROFLMAO: