Darren Waller suspended

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What? We're talking about a specific case that we have zero facts other than "breaking team rules." To jump to the conclusion that it is drug related just because a mysterious former AD's random, general statement about suspensions is the wrong thing to do.

I never tied it to Waller...all I said was what I read one time.

Whatever YOU implied from it is on you. Waller could have eaten more than his share of donuts for all we know...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I never tied it to Waller...all I said was what I read one time.

Whatever YOU implied from it is on you. Waller could have eaten more than his share of donuts for all we know...
Then why did you even bring it up in a discussion of Darren Waller's suspension? That, alone, implies it pertains to Waller.

Not only that, but you brought it up in response to two previous comments: one which assumed the suspension was drug related and another that suggested it is unfair to assume it.

Btw, I didn't "imply" anything. My guess is you meant to say assume. Maybe you meant to say I shouldn't assume you implied it was applicable to Waller. In any case, you used the wrong word. Furthermore, you actually did imply it as I just showed. No other meaning could be assumed.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Then why did you even bring it up in a discussion of Darren Waller's suspension? That, alone, implies it pertains to Waller.

Not only that, but you brought it up in response to two previous comments: one which assumed the suspension was drug related and another that suggested it is unfair to assume it.

Btw, I didn't "imply" anything. My guess is you meant to say assume. Maybe you meant to say I shouldn't assume you implied it was applicable to Waller. In any case, you used the wrong word. Furthermore, you actually did imply it as I just showed. No other meaning could be assumed.

Haha...wow, you're really reaching here.

I mean, no thread has never had a side discussion about other things not related to a thread. Get over yourself.

Not "assume". You meant to say "infer" as in "I didn't infer anything from your implication that Waller's violation of team rules was drug related."

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Not "assume". You meant to say "infer" as in "I didn't infer anything from your implication that Waller's violation of team rules was drug related."
Maybe so, but your example is wrong. Why would I say I didn't infer something from an implication? An implication is something that is implied. If something is implied then it is meant to be inferred.

Semantics aside, it is wrong to think Waller's suspension is drug related without any evidence whatsoever that suggests it. It is even more wrong to spread such baseless, harmful suppositions on a public forum.