Darren Waller suspended

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
Right (sarcasm), like CPJ just goes around looking to find somebody to suspend every day. The kid is a victim I'm sure.

It boggles my mind how today's youth are pre-programmed to externalize everything. What concerns me the most is that this kind of mentality is usually associated with individuals (or teams) who come up short at crunch time. Acceptance of responsibility and accountability is a main ingredient to success under fire. These kind of things (the Waller suspension and team reaction) do not pass by me unnoticed, especially considering our record in close games the last few years. Sounds to me like our team needs to do some soul searching about who they are.
I completely agree with Boomer. We haven't accomplished squat since 2009. We need to humbly go about our work with a laser sense of purpose.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Right (sarcasm), like CPJ just goes around looking to find somebody to suspend every day. The kid is a victim I'm sure.

It boggles my mind how today's youth are pre-programmed to externalize everything. What concerns me the most is that this kind of mentality is usually associated with individuals (or teams) who come up short at crunch time. Acceptance of responsibility and accountability is a main ingredient to success under fire. These kind of things (the Waller suspension and team reaction) do not pass by me unnoticed, especially considering our record in close games the last few years. Sounds to me like our team needs to do some soul searching about who they are.
yep
At BEST-we lose a 1st unit player for 2 games AND the exp he could get from that with his NEW QB
the WORST- as Boomer says, an example of the undisciplined spoiled children that might dominate this team

Hoss

Georgia Tech Fan
GTG936G: True, the Union was useless to the good workers we had at xxxxx company. They were only needed for those who did not want to work. I never saw a good worker at our company who needed the Union. This is one example that came to my mind immediately.
Unions are for all workers whether you join one or not labor laws we have today all came from Unions fighting for workers rights...... Sorry I got off topic

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Same old, same old...I'm sure we're not unique in this, and it's partly my fault for even looking at some of our player's twitter feed (I cringe saying that out loud), but talk is so cheap and our team talks. A lot. NoPretenders this, we're grinding now, shock the world, all stupid bull**** buzz words that don't mean anything. If our football team was measured by their "corporate speak", motivational jibber jabber, we'd be amazing. We've got some future infomercial stars on our squad.

Maybe I'm fortunate at 30 not to have had tools around me that amplified my stupidity at 19 or 20, but I'd like to think if I was a semi-public figure I'd keep my stupid **** to a minimum. For once, just ONCE, can a member of our football team just SHUT UP when they get suspended. Its always the same, "Yea, I know I made a mistake, but now I know who my real friends are! Wa-wa-wa-wa. Haters gunna hate, hold me down...", and my personal favorite, "you don't know me or where I've been."

And to the poster above me, yes I agree, as a senior one would think they're running out of excuses.

I'm 29 and agree. I was DUMB when I was 19 and I'm glad I didn't have Twitter!
I was reading Leggett's twitter around NSD and he was saying stuff like "what's the point of going to school anymore?"

IMO, the football players should be prohibited from twitter use while on the team. It's a distraction.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Unions are for all workers whether you join one or not labor laws we have today all came from Unions fighting for workers rights...... Sorry I got off topic

Or it's a money-laundering operation for the DNC. (you brought it up) ;)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I usually assume that is what "violation if team rules" means, but it's unfair for us to say it.

Could be missing curfew or cutting class or who knows...

/

I forget who exactly it was that said it, but a former AD once said that when a player gets suspended for "a violation of team rules", you can pretty much bet 80% of the time it's drugs.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Yes...because everything is GT-centric or there's no relevance.
What? We're talking about a specific case that we have zero facts other than "breaking team rules." To jump to the conclusion that it is drug related just because a mysterious former AD's random, general statement about suspensions is the wrong thing to do.