Darius Commissiong Dismissed From ECU

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I seem to see a pattern in recent memory. Am I crazy, or does it seem that many of our transferees or close to being signees often self destruct other places? What that tells me is that we have a good group of kids who make it pretty clear that if you do stupid stuff, you really won't fit in here. Very often, people go where they feel welcome and comfortable. Bad eggs seem not to be too comfortable here. That is a good thing.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
hope this young man seeks and gets help. I remember reading years ago that cruelty to animals as a young person is a very strong leading indicator of mental health issues and/or violent crimes further down the road.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Your right....dismissing him from the team is ignoring underlying issues....they should follow up with counseling and psychotherapy...vs. releasing a powder keg on all of us....

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
An older Clemson friend told me that many years ago during a Clemson/South Carolina game some Clemson fan or cheerleader wrung a chicken's neck on the field in Columbia during the game. He said there were fist fights at every red light when he tried to leave the game.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
An older Clemson friend told me that many years ago during a Clemson/South Carolina game some Clemson fan or cheerleader wrung a chicken's neck on the field in Columbia during the game. He said there were fist fights at every red light when he tried to leave the game.
happened in 1946

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
hoped that he'd have "woke up" after being dismissed from GT back in '14 for violating student-athlete code of conduct. Guess that didn't happen.

hope he wakes up soon and gets his "life right".

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
bummer, as you all know every school has its bad eggs, its just 'when' is your turn...one could argue GT had its turn alot over the past 2 years; we have had a handful of dismissals (dennis andrews, a few DL guys, heck darren waller almost was kicked off etc). We often don't publicize why, but smoking up, drugs, steroids, are a few reasons why...

Was darius one of these dismissals a few years ago? I think he was right? Or was he one of the guys who just left due to academics etc?