Dante's Inferno

If I am headed for an eternal damnation, especially tailored to inflict a specific misery just for me, I have concluded this afternoon it will be a sentence to watch the Paul Finebaum Show on SEC Network. It is ridiculously mind numbing, devoid of content. Unwatchable.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Mutts can't go underdefeated cause we will beat the brakes off of them this fall. Our offense will be humming and we will score a TDs on 8 of 12 possessions with 3 more FGs thrown in. 65-27. And then they'll turn around and lose again if they're in SECCG.

Hey Paaaaawwwwwwwl,

This is Buford from Sulligent, AL. They is talking about you on one of them nerd sites.
I guess they are forbidden to mention ACC teams. They talked at length about Tennessee, Finebaum's alma mater, and mentioned UMass and Indiana State, but not a whisper about Tech. The had a graphic about the last three SEC teams to come into Knoxville all rushing for more than 400 yards, but nothing about our 500 yards in MBS.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
They were actually surmising it the Mutts go undefeated, and bama goes undefeated, and they play in the SECCG, would both go to the CFP final four. Delusional.
I don't really find the conversation surprising. It will be a very real conversation amongst the committee if that were to happen. I mean, the Big 12 doesn't have a Championship game ;)

I don't really find the conversation surprising. It will be a very real conversation amongst the committee if that were to happen. I mean, the Big 12 doesn't have a Championship game ;)
Moot point because I don't think Georgia can run the table. But if there are other undefeated conference champions I could see a one loss SEC team bumping them. Pac 12, Big 12, Big Ten and ACC champs might all be undefeated.

Hey Paaaaawwwwwwwl,

This is Buford from Sulligent, AL. They is talking about you on one of them nerd sites.
Many years ago I was on business in Pelham near Birmingham. Had never heard of Finebaum. I tune in the rental car radio and get my first experience with "Phyllis from Mulga". Florida had recently beaten Alabama, and she was unglued on a rant about Spurrier which had references dating back into the 50's. I almost ran off the road. Of course, later that day I learned Phyllis was famous. I have listened to a lot of call in sports stations since then. There really is a tribal cohesion and similarity to the fan bases, especially in the South. You can almost identify them without hearing a mention of the team, just from their rhetoric.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
They were actually surmising it the Mutts go undefeated, and bama goes undefeated, and they play in the SECCG, would both go to the CFP final four. Delusional.
Depending on how the rest of the season shakes out, it isn't that unrealistic if both go into the SECGC undefeated. If there are less than 3 other one loss or undefeated teams, I see it easily. The curious thing would be the seeding. Would they have the loser as the 4 seed for a immediate rematch?

We also aren't that far removed from the Alabama-LSU National Championship game.