Damon Stoudamire

slugboy

Staff member
So we hire a guy with multiple criminal convictions. Seems like an appropriate followup to Pastner and his issues with Bell. Also seems like something an AD coming from Bama would be OK with.

Tech can no longer claim the high ground when it comes to athletics.

Then there is his losing record as a head coach that made him run back to the NBA....

This doesn't compare to the Oats hiring at Bama in anyway, shape or form.

I’m not in the mood to disqualify someone for a marijuana conviction from 20 years ago.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So we hire a guy with multiple criminal convictions. Seems like an appropriate followup to Pastner and his issues with Bell. Also seems like something an AD coming from Bama would be OK with.

Then there is his losing record as a head coach that made him run back to the NBA....

You should ride your moral high horse the **** outta here.

slugboy

Staff member
For those looking at his Pacific run, saw this: the two years before he took over Pacific (2015, 2016) they finished 240 and 227 in Kenpom and in his last two years there they finished 120 and 117 (2020, 2021).
Oddly familiar

We ended this year in KenPom at 167.

Our NET and RPI were 179 and 201, respectively. I think KenPom might have been lenient

Last edited:

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anyone know what style he likes on the college level? Will we be more up and down the floor type team or more of a UVA slow pace half court style?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You should ride your moral high horse the **** outta here.

Sometimes I just don't understand people's motives. Does it make him feel good to be the guy to shart all over things? Like, is he high-fiving his buddies now? Who even remembers that?

And to present it as 'multiple criminal convictions' as if we're talking about Charles Manson or something? Geez, some people are just.. I don't even know what.

For anyone interested in the facts, during his stint as a POR trailblazer (02-03, yes literally 20 years ago), he was convicted of Marijuana possession and I believe had a DUI. Went through rehab and completed other court-ordered programs and has since been drama-free.

Not excusing the incidents, but at what point do we allow people to move on with their lives?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Any reactions from current players? I like that how quick this hire was makes next year’s team feel more real. The longer we waited around for the next coach, the more likely the current guys were going to transfer. I still expect to lose some, if not most.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Clueless

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
lol, there is no "moral high ground" in college sports. The whole enterprise is utterly rotten from the foundation to the rafters. Just root for the team or don't, but don't pretend we're any better than anyone else. We just suck at cheating.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The goal is for us getting to considered as consistently relevant by 3 or 4 year.
(Sure if we are on roll he will get new contract.). If not , we will move on but with a much stronger position to make a major hire.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I liked CDS as a player a lot back in the day. I have no idea how he is as a coach. I wanted someone with a more proven track record as HC of a smaller program. Not because I think that experience is necessary, just that it seems safer and I've had enough misery with coaching hires in Tech sports lately.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The goal is for us getting to considered as consistently relevant by 3 or 4 year.
(Sure if we are on roll he will get new contract.). If not , we will move on but with a much stronger position to make a major hire.
Goal should be Tournament next year. This is college basketball in 2023 - you can win 2 games one season and be a 5 seed the next season with a stud Freshman and a couple grad transfers. It’s not out of the realm of possibility. K State sucked last season and have an outside shot to win the national championship in Tang’s first season.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket