damn, we had em.....of 10 we win 5 they win 5

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
guys, i see things.....GT was every bit as good as FSU. Not like 2 quarters good. Every bit their equal.

it was 31-28. we had the ball. We win. we missed our chance.....twice.....that doesn't happen in a series

i am so proud of this staff and team. we think we have a bunch of 3 star guys. Bullsh--- we have a bunch of underrated 4 star and 5 star dudes with hearts as big as Rocky.

we are a freaking good team. Its unreal how good we are. We shoulda won tonight...but we didn't. There were 4 top 4 teams....and GT was the only one to come close...to rock the boat

be so proud. I am. I have nothing negative to say right now. I saw 85 kids leave on the field. I watched us go toe to toe with the 1 team in the land, and damn it if we weren't better. we all can walk away from this game knowing FSU played a flawless game vs us and barely won. AND WE LEFT IT ALL ON THE FIELD

there is no way we lose our bowl game

and i am damn f----in proud to be a jacket right now.

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
Amen bro. Not a moral victory type but am still really proud of our men. The chips just didn't fall our way this time. It happens. I still wouldn't trade this team for any other one.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
While i do believe we would bat at least .500 against Uga or Clemson in a 10 game series, my honest opinion is FSU would win 7 or 8 out of 10. Their O Line vs. our D line is too lopsided a matchup. There is no way to create TO's in that kind of game.That does not take away from our team's efort or season btw.

Declinometer

Banned
While i do believe we would bat at least .500 against Uga or Clemson in a 10 game series, my honest opinion is FSU would win 7 or 8 out of 10. Their O Line vs. our D line is too lopsided a matchup. There is no way to create TO's in that kind of game.That does not take away from our team's efort or season btw.
I agree 100%. That being said, what the hell on the onside kick attempt?

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck

This. If F$U had turned the ball over, probably a different story. But they played extremely well last night. And they have some ridiculous talent. GT took it to them though.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
The reason for the not blitzing is Winston's completion percentage is higher when blitzed over the last 2 years

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Okay. Can't ignore recent history, but the blitzes made a difference in the 2nd half. I think GT defense plays better when blitzing.
This.

We are much better playing an aggressive attacking defense.
Against FSU, it would have gotten us burned on some drives as we couldn't hang with their receivers, but it would have resulted in more stops too.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I said before the game we would need a turnover to flip the field and get ahead. It turned out that was true. We went toe to toe with them, I don't feel like we had a bad showing against the #4 team.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Our defense only gave up NINE POINTS the entire 2nd half of the game and our offense scored 14, and in reality, really had a chance to score more if Justin and Waller could have been on the same page earlier with same pass routes.

Again, FSU has 50-55 four and five star players on their roster and we have what; four or five on ours, TOTAL? And we lost to them by TWO POINTS with a chance, first to recover an onside kick, and then possibly hold them on 3rd down with no timeouts and force a punt for one last-gasp try for a winning FG with less thana minute to play.

FSU had to play a PERFECT GAME to beat us last night, and guess what? THEY DID. Had Winston thrown just ONE INT, or they had ONE FUMBLE, we'd have had one more possession opportunity to score the winning points, etc. FSU played their BEST offensive game of the season and we STILL almost won.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yes. We are every bit as good a team as they are.

I told my wife - the son is out of town - that if Bad Jameis showed up we would win, probably by 10 points or so. If Good Jameis showed up it'd be a dogfight and I wasn't sure who would come out on top. Unfortunately, Good Jameis showed up early and did just fine. It was, as was said above, their best offensive performance of the year against a quality opponent. And we still almost won the game.

Our team is just plain good. And I think there's a good chance that next year we'll be even better.

TechPhi97

Jolly Good Fellow
guys, i see things.....GT was every bit as good as FSU. Not like 2 quarters good. Every bit their equal.

it was 31-28. we had the ball. We win. we missed our chance.....twice.....that doesn't happen in a series

i am so proud of this staff and team. we think we have a bunch of 3 star guys. Bullsh--- we have a bunch of underrated 4 star and 5 star dudes with hearts as big as Rocky.

we are a freaking good team. Its unreal how good we are. We shoulda won tonight...but we didn't. There were 4 top 4 teams....and GT was the only one to come close...to rock the boat

be so proud. I am. I have nothing negative to say right now. I saw 85 kids leave on the field. I watched us go toe to toe with the 1 team in the land, and damn it if we weren't better. we all can walk away from this game knowing FSU played a flawless game vs us and barely won. AND WE LEFT IT ALL ON THE FIELD

there is no way we lose our bowl game

and i am damn f----in proud to be a jacket right now.
Agreed 33. Kids came to play, happy for them. They can be proud in their efforts. FSU played great, no turnovers and that is what you get.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Just as important to me: we did it while playing like Tech men.

The world of college football shall be hearing from us again.

Soon.