Dabo is … a villain

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I wasn't aware of that rule and it looks like Dabo wasn't either, or else he would have said so.
I mean, he kinda did. Sure he didn't cite it directly, but he did say Bryant didn't get one because he wasn't on the team.

“I don’t know. What do you want me to say? He was not on the team. It is as simple as that. We played 11 games after he left. I think. We played 15 games. I mean there is nothing to say other than what I already said," Swinney said. “I love Kelly. You have to be on the team. He certainly … he could have been here, but he wasn’t. That’s the way it is.”

And I'm pretty sure he's aware of the rule because Clemson is also currently trying to figure out whether they can/should give rings to the three guys suspended for the game for PEDs.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I mean, he kinda did. Sure he didn't cite it directly, but he did say Bryant didn't get one because he wasn't on the team.

“I don’t know. What do you want me to say? He was not on the team. It is as simple as that. We played 11 games after he left. I think. We played 15 games. I mean there is nothing to say other than what I already said," Swinney said. “I love Kelly. You have to be on the team. He certainly … he could have been here, but he wasn’t. That’s the way it is.”

And I'm pretty sure he's aware of the rule because Clemson is also currently trying to figure out whether they can/should give rings to the three guys suspended for the game for PEDs.

I am gonna publicly take an L on this. Cruising the Tiger boards, I found out this rule is more well known than I thought. I took the author's assertion that this was simply a petty move at face value and got hot about it. If I were Dabo, I would send the kid a ring after he graduates, but I get it that he can't now.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I am gonna publicly take an L on this. Cruising the Tiger boards, I found out this rule is more well known than I thought. I took the author's assertion that this was simply a petty move at face value and got hot about it. If I were Dabo, I would send the kid a ring after he graduates, but I get it that he can't now.
Send him 25% if a ring... A larger percentage than the games played [emoji6]

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Can't blame you for not knowing it. I don't think I've seen a single news article or media figure actually cite it in the context of Kelly Bryant. Perhaps a bit more research was appropriate before they were published, but that's not the day and age we live in. Only reason I knew of it was from a couple of close Clemson booster friends.