Dabo’s Thoughts

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
https://247sports.com/Article/Dabo-...ma-Crimson-Tide-Nick-Saban-Citadel-135738928/

Really smart people, this is not hard to understand. I’m embarrassed not for the loss but for this response from some of these “fans”.

"That’s college football," Swinney said. "I mean heck, The Citadel was probably Alabama’s toughest game last year until Georgia. I mean I’m just telling the truth. The Citadel beat South Carolina somewhere here in the not-too-long-ago (past). That’s not a shocker. Georgia State went over and beat Tennessee. I mean that’s college football. Anything can happen, especially early, especially early in the season. Because nobody knows anything about anybody at this point.”

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
https://247sports.com/Article/Dabo-...ma-Crimson-Tide-Nick-Saban-Citadel-135738928/

Really smart people, this is not hard to understand. I’m embarrassed not for the loss but for this response from some of these “fans”.

"That’s college football," Swinney said. "I mean heck, The Citadel was probably Alabama’s toughest game last year until Georgia. I mean I’m just telling the truth. The Citadel beat South Carolina somewhere here in the not-too-long-ago (past). That’s not a shocker. Georgia State went over and beat Tennessee. I mean that’s college football. Anything can happen, especially early, especially early in the season. Because nobody knows anything about anybody at this point.”
He didn’t hesitate to call it embarrassing though.
This bunch can come in here and beat us, there’s no doubt about it. You go out there and turn the ball over and play like crap, they can embarrass us.

People are definitely acting like Chicken Little’s right now, but no one can take away how terrible of a loss this is. Citadel playing Alabama close for two quarters and then getting blown out doesn’t justify us outright losing.

Animal02

Banned
He didn’t hesitate to call it embarrassing though.

People are definitely acting like Chicken Little’s right now, but no one can take away how terrible of a loss this is. Citadel playing Alabama close for two quarters and then getting blown out doesn’t justify us outright losing.
Most are saying the sky will fall, IF the sort of things that happened on Saturday continue to happen..i.e stupid coaching.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Dabo has a problem. Not his fault. But his team's schedule is VERY not strong. He wants the teams he beats to be better than they are.

If Clemson stumbles just once the rest if the way ... they could be out of playoffs. Their only real hope to overcome a loss is for UVA to win Coastal & be ranked in top 15 when Clemson meets them in ACCCG.

The Citadel loss was evidence Ga Tech is not good in 2019... despite what Dabo says.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
During a rebuild ( using the in word ) a loss to the Citadel would be bad but what makes this worse was and is the offensive play calling which has made us look inept in all 3 games. So when we talk about this team we need to remember that this one game wasn’t the beginning of our observations, it was a continuation of them. The board has been dominated the entire year by a concern for the use of our players, in particular the QBs.

Had we won last week most of us would have voiced the same concerns the loss just elevated them

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t think it has anything to do with lobbying for strength of schedule, I think Dabo believes what he said and I agree with him. It’s not surprising to see a team with vastly inferior talent upset somebody. It happens weekly so why wouldn’t a coach honestly believe it? Doesn’t mean it isn’t concerning but it also doesn’t mean it can’t be overcome.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's really weird. There's a thread about Paul Finebaum criticizing our loss and GT fans are up in arms about him...even though there's a bunch of us doing the same thing as Finebaum right now.

Then there's Mark Richt and Dabo Swinney defending us and how there will be growing pains as the new staff installs their system and get their recruits...and for some reason we think there are ulterior motives.

GT fans...we're a funny lot.

CousCous

Georgia Tech Fan
It's really weird. There's a thread about Paul Finebaum criticizing our loss and GT fans are up in arms about him...even though there's a bunch of us doing the same thing as Finebaum right now.

Then there's Mark Richt and Dabo Swinney defending us and how there will be growing pains as the new staff installs their system and get their recruits...and for some reason we think there are ulterior motives.

It’s like none of us have a “y” chromosome.

(I can only say this because my wife doesn’t read this board!)

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck

It’s sad really.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

I watched the Finebaum show when he made his comment. It was a special topic of the show called The Twilight Zone (they even filmed it in black and white) and all Finebaum did was share 3 news items that were “weird” having happened over the weekend. Tech’s loss was one of them. And what he said, paraphrasing was ... “Tech lost to the Citadel. Which is not really weird. Their program has been in the gutter the last 7 years.” Which is basically true. I mean ... we’re not a factor really.

And I agree. On any given Saturday, you can lose to anybody who out prepares you. Like the Citadel.

Collins is running a Junk Drawer Offense and had he actually had a plan and played TO the entire game, I believe we would have won. Collins chose to plan a game with rotating QB and it didn’t work.

Message to Butch: “If you are going to run a clown show, win the games you are supposed to win. Practicing like crap and not having the team ready is not a plan.”

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Dabo has a problem. Not his fault. But his team's schedule is VERY not strong. He wants the teams he beats to be better than they are.

If Clemson stumbles just once the rest if the way ... they could be out of playoffs. Their only real hope to overcome a loss is for UVA to win Coastal & be ranked in top 15 when Clemson meets them in ACCCG.

The Citadel loss was evidence Ga Tech is not good in 2019... despite what Dabo says.
Sounds like everyone Clem plays had better come to play because Clem will need the style points in every game this year.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

Why is that weird. You’re allowed to criticize your brother. But when some drunk asshat does it at a bar you take issue with it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Why is that weird. You’re allowed to criticize your brother. But when some drunk asshat does it at a bar you take issue with it.

If my brother was hypocritical, I would call him out. If a drunk at the bar was being hypocritical, I'd call him out. If my brother was being hypocritical about calling out the drunk at the bar I'd just get another beer and call my brother a weirdo and leave him with the tab.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
During a rebuild ( using the in word ) a loss to the Citadel would be bad but what makes this worse was and is the offensive play calling which has made us look inept in all 3 games. So when we talk about this team we need to remember that this one game wasn’t the beginning of our observations, it was a continuation of them. The board has been dominated the entire year by a concern for the use of our players, in particular the QBs.

Had we won last week most of us would have voiced the same concerns the loss just elevated them

This! Very much this! We didn’t have relentless effort. Our OC has been struggling calling productive plays. When given lemons you make lemonade. We have looked like crap the last 3 games on offense with the exception of a handful of drives. That starts from the top and works it’s way down. Sorry but I bet no one predicted a loss to Citadel this season. Now let’s see if we can correct what we need to. I was predicting somewhere around 5 wins this season given the schedule. But the coaching has been mismanaging the roster and not playing a player schemed offense like we were told. I’d be curious Hart grade everyone would give the coaches right now. Off the field they have been great so like a high B low A. On the field I’m in the low C range.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Well. Finebaum showers with the home team, this being Alabama, and drinks SEC Koolaid by the 50-gallon drums. He is a guy who started out grudgingly admitting Clemson might, might, have been the better team with a 28-poind win and worked his way into Alabama actually had the better team but was worn out from SEC competition. Dabo shredded that alibi by pointing out Alabama won its games by a touchdown or so better than Clemson all year so with that Finebaum-provided yardstick, who had the tougher schedule? When an Alabama linebacker then said Georgia, whom they beat, actually was a better team, Finebaum smiled acknowledgement. When a Clemson LB responded by saying ND was tougher than Alabama, Finebaum went ballistic against a college sophomore. The SEC is overrated, and will be at the end of the season, but Finebaum will be right there, a one-man skirmish line for his beloved and over-hyped SEC. (No, I don't like the man. He's a fraud.)