D1-FCS South Carolina State rounds out our 2023 schedule.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
We will play them on Saturday September 9. Our last and only other meeting was in 2010, which ended in a 42-10 Georgia Tech victory.

So far our 2023 schedule looks like this.

GAMES WITH DATES ANNOUNCED (listed in order of gameday)
Saturday 9/2/2023: vs Louisville *Chick-fil-A Kickoff*
Saturday 9/9/2023: South Carolina State
Saturday 9/16/2023: @ Ole Miss
Saturday 9/30/2023: Bowling Green
Saturday 12/25/2023: Georgia

GAMES WITH DATES YET TO BE ANNOUNCED (listed in alphabetical order)
Boston College
@ Clemson
@ Miami
North Carolina
Syracuse
@ Virginia
@ Wake Forest

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
We will play them on Saturday September 9. Our last and only other meeting was in 2010, which ended in a 42-10 Georgia Tech victory.

Boston College
@ Clemson
@ Miami
North Carolina
Syracuse
@ Virginia
@ Wake Forest
Merry Christmas!!!

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow

Boston College
@ Clemson
@ Miami
North Carolina
Syracuse
@ Virginia
@ Wake Forest
Its crazy how swapping UCF for Bowling Green makes it look more manageable than this past season. Louisville is going to be tough with Brohm at the helm. Having WF, Louisville, and Clemson as our 3 permanent ACC opponents is going to be difficult until WF regresses back to what they are historically. Clawson has them rolling now. He has my vote for the best coach in the ACC

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, this is a welcome change from the SCHEDULES FROM HELL Tech has had to face for the last three years. At least Tech has a fighting chance against most of this schedule, provided we can get our many, many O issues solved during the spring and fall practices. And that will, I think will be a very big provided. If both Dontae and Nate end up leaving we will have very substantial holes to fill and not much time to do it. With, btw, a new OC and OL coach and all the disruption that will lead to. Still, this is more like it.

Kudos for getting UCF off our plate.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

Boston College
@ Clemson
@ Miami
North Carolina
Syracuse
@ Virginia
@ Wake Forest
Not so sure about playing uGa on Christmas 😳

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
If we can get out of September 2-2 or better that will be a good start (obviously 3-1 or 4-0 is better). Then I think it comes down to how the schedule shakes out, where are the trap games, etc.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
If we can get out of September 2-2 or better that will be a good start (obviously 3-1 or 4-0 is better). Then I think it comes down to how the schedule shakes out, where are the trap games, etc.
4-0 should be possible, but is not likely - would be great though. 3-1 is likely and makes you feel pretty good. 2-2 is probably equally as likely but feels just a little disappointing.

Gtech24

Jolly Good Fellow

Boston College
@ Clemson
@ Miami
North Carolina
Syracuse
@ Virginia
@ Wake Forest
The way I see it…
Guaranteed wins (>95%): BG, SC State
Easy wins (>75%): BC, Syracuse, UVA
Tossups (~50%): Louisville, Wake
Possible wins (>25%): Miami, UNC, Ole Miss
Unlikely wins (<10%): UGA, Clemson

That would equate to about 5-7 wins which seems right. If teams like Louisville, Wake, Miami, and UNC underperform I could even see us getting 8

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
3-1 coming out of September.
I have us beating Louisville, getting Brohm in his first game is a plus. Thank goodness we had 8 with Key and wont be such a huge question mark at QB for us as it will be for them.
I agree with 3-1. But don’t be surprised if we go beat Ole Miss. If we start 4-0 get ready for an incredible amount of hype to pop up around the program.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
4-0 should be possible, but is not likely - would be great though. 3-1 is likely and makes you feel pretty good. 2-2 is probably equally as likely but feels just a little disappointing.
I agree. 2-2 would be disappointing. 3-1 should be the expectation. 4-0 would be awesome. The schedule starts out very friendly for a new HC

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The way I see it…
Guaranteed wins (>95%): BG, SC State
Easy wins (>75%): BC, Syracuse, UVA
Tossups (~50%): Louisville, Wake
Possible wins (>25%): Miami, UNC, Ole Miss
Unlikely wins (<10%): UGA, Clemson

That would equate to about 5-7 wins which seems right. If teams like Louisville, Wake, Miami, and UNC underperform I could even see us getting 8
You obviously haven't thought about our history playing UVa in Charlottesville. We rarely win there, even when we are clearly a better team.

I also think based on this year that Syracuse will be a tougher game, more in the Toss up category. Although being at home helps.

However, the one thing I KNOW about GT football...they are unpredictable.

Raise your hand if you thought we'd lose to Virginia and Miami at home this year, but beat UNC and Pitt on the road and go into half with UGa at 10-7. Then we'll know who the liars are in this crowd...LOL

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Is the Chick-fil-A Kickoff the "Mayhem at the Benz" game? Or are we playing another game at the Benz next season?
One game at MBS and it is not a home game like UNC was 2 years ago. It is a Chik-Fil-A Kickoff game and they control the venue. I am told that Tech could have sold more tickets last year but they were not in control of tickets or seating. A lot of season ticket holders were upset at the GTAA, but it wasn't the AA's call. Some folks at the GTAA were not happy with how the sponsor handled things. It will be interesting to see if we participate in these games in future years.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
3-1 coming out of September.
I have us beating Louisville, getting Brohm in his first game is a plus. Thank goodness we had 8 with Key and wont be such a huge question mark at QB for us as it will be for them.
I agree. 2-2 would be disappointing. 3-1 should be the expectation. 4-0 would be awesome. The schedule starts out very friendly for a new HC
How do you all think we match up against TBD on 9/23?

;)