Custis, Hunt-Days not eligible for ’14 football season

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully the guys can use this as a "circle the wagons" type approach and use this as motivation to come together. If not we could see the season fall apart by June!!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Yeah I'm sure Leggett starts at B back now but he was in the low 200's last time I talked to him...so he will need to start adding weight.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
So now BB has to be a big emphasis for 2015 recruiting. Need a good 'un

JHD is not as big as a loss as Custis, IMO.

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm as optimistic as it comes but this is a huge blow.
I understand it sounds crazy, but being a former Infantrymen who's served in Afghanistan in the 101st Airborne Div. it's not in my DNA to quit when it's bad..you can't just roll over and say we are doomed will never make it when things get bad. Ya it sucks we lost Custis but you've got to drive on and fight through the adversity. I'm not preaching to you brother just letting you know where I'm coming from. I just think offensively our offense goes as the QB play does. We got to stick with this team

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I've never seen Wilson, but everything I've heard makes him sound a lot like PJ Daniels. That sure would be nice at Bback.

Wilson can be good but I don't see PJ Daniels in him...realistically he was going to be the backup to Custis. Hopefully he blossoms into a good player.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
How in the Hell is Custis ruled ineligible when the semester isn't even over with yet ??

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I understand it sounds crazy, but being a former Infantrymen who's served in Afghanistan in the 101st Airborne Div. it's not in my DNA to quit when it's bad..you can't just roll over and say we are doomed will never make it when things get bad. Ya it sucks we lost Custis but you've got to drive on and fight through the adversity. I'm not preaching to you brother just letting you know where I'm coming from. I just think offensively our offense goes as the QB play does. We got to stick with this team
Oh, I'm not throwing in the towel by any means. Next man up...

Chris Freeman

Jolly Good Fellow
I was the biggest Paul Johnson supporter when he first came to the Flats. I was saying his name two years before he even got here. I've remained loyal even through the mediocre seasons and bad losses. This is the last straw for me. I don't know why this is bothering me so bad compared to the other stuff but it does. Win now or go elsewhere. I'm done waiting and I'm done hoping next season is our year.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
OK, it appears Leggett will need to be assigned to BBack on the day he gets here. I would love to see him shirted but now not sure we can afford the luxury.
He is capable, just inexperienced at the position. The guy can carry the ball, just not sure on blocking.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I was the biggest Paul Johnson supporter when he first came to the Flats. I was saying his name two years before he even got here. I've remained loyal even through the mediocre seasons and bad losses. This is the last straw for me. I don't know why this is bothering me so bad compared to the other stuff but it does. Win now or go elsewhere. I'm done waiting and I'm done hoping next season is our year.
How in the hell is this on CPJ???

I'm not real sure how this is CPJ's fault. He's done plenty of things to shake my head at, but this is on the players involved...

TechPhi97

Jolly Good Fellow

No offense man, but this is your last straw? Custis couldn't even enroll out of high school. Players transfer/fail out/move on all the time.