Custis - Georgia Tech no longer in the picture

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Really? Do you seriously feel the Hill goes out of their way to deny football players entry into the school? You need to go read about the on-going scandal at the Air Force Academy. It willl give you some insight about what happens to an organization when standards are lowered just to get football players into the system. Who's gonna be the gatekeeper, the guardian if not the Administration?

Yeah, that is it. Let's focus on AFA as a way to deal with our ineptitude. That will help.

You bet your *** the Administration goes out of their way to hurt GT athletics. One example - suddenly deciding a kid is not eligible after he is offered, is on his way to campus with his family and publicly embarrasses the hell out of him.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Yeah, that is it. Let's focus on AFA as a way to deal with our ineptitude. That will help.

You bet your *** the Administration goes out of their way to hurt GT athletics. One example - suddenly deciding a kid is not eligible after he is offered, is on his way to campus with his family and publicly embarrasses the hell out of him.
No they don’t. They do their job and there’s just plenty of things we don’t know the full story on. No administration anywhere would want to hurt athletics. It’s a big draw for a lot of kids wanting to go to a prestigious school and still be able to go to games where your football team is a BCS school. I went to an FCS school and I knew plenty of kids who chose to go to MTSU just to have a better college experience for sporting events. Nobody gave two craps about Tennessee Tech football. They literally make all their money every year by being the whipping posts for 2 powerhouses every year.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
What is Custis talking about? Does he mean that GT won't accept them?

IIRC, GT doesn't accept a lot, if any, of the courses Hutchinson offers. It was noted when he opted for HCC over GMC that the likelihood of his coming back to GT was slightly better than the proverbial snowball in athens hell

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
IIRC, GT doesn't accept a lot, if any, of the courses Hutchinson offers. It was noted when he opted for HCC over GMC that the likelihood of his coming back to GT was slightly better than the proverbial snowball in athens hell
So by choosing Hutchinson he basically said "syanara m@#$%^&*()er!"

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I just checked the math courses offered by Hutchinson and they offer several Calculus courses. What is Custis talking about? Does he mean that GT won't accept them?

I would guess GT would not accept them. I can see the logic from an academic standpoint : If you want a GT diploma, you have to take calc at Tech. Getting around that requirement would be hard.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I would guess GT would not accept them. I can see the logic from an academic standpoint : If you want a GT diploma, you have to take calc at Tech. Getting around that requirement would be hard.

The thing is, I don't think Custis would have been an engineering major, which means he could have just taken Survey of Calc. which he's allowed to do if he's a managment or STAC major.

Also, EVERY recruit knows what's expected of them academically by GT when they get recruited. There are kids in our program that are full fledged SAs that speak to that. It's up to the recruits, their parents, their coaches, and their academic advisors to take responsibility in making sure what's required is taken care...they can always call our staff for guidance if they have a question during the process.

Like Nuke said, Custis tried (twice) to make it work at GT so it's not like he's wasn't sincere, but it didn't work out. Good luck to Custis and I hope he becomes a everything we thought he would be (except the games he happens to play against us).

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
no, this happens all the time. Many regular full-time students take a calculus somewhere else and transfer it in. Very common with the athletes (at least it used to be).

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow

A lot of regular GT students take Calc or chemistry or any other of the "weed out" classes at Perimeter.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Agree... (still hope he doesn't go to college in Athens, GA though :) )

But there are no colleges in Athens…unless you mean the Athens Advanced Pre-K Academy. (1)
:D

(1) Apparently, they are unaware that 'criminal' is spelled with a 'C' and not a 'K'.​

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Custis sounds like a good kid, sounded like he really wanted to come here not just to make an impact on the football team but also because he just liked Georgia Tech. I won't make assumptions about his academics so only thing I can do now is to just wish him the best of luck.