Custis - Georgia Tech no longer in the picture

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This should end the speculation that he's coming back to GT.
http://www.news-daily.com/news/2014...-looking-forward-challenge-hutchinson/?sports

“I was heartbroken, but God did it for a reason,” Custis said. “Georgia Tech might not have been my right path. I’m on a new path, and I’m going to see where God is taking me. I’m taking it one step at a time.”

Custis already has offers from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin and Georgia. He says Georgia Tech is no longer in the picture.

“Hutchinson doesn’t offer the math class I need to take for Tech,” Custis said.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Quincy Carter 2.0?

He said he was surprised from the offer from Georgia, which did not offer him while in high school.

“It is very surprising,” Custis said. “I’m going to take a serious look at Georgia. I want to see how I fit into their program.”

Does not matter.

If they did, and even if he got 4.0 in them, the administration would find some other reason to hurt GT.

Really? Do you seriously feel the Hill goes out of their way to deny football players entry into the school? You need to go read about the on-going scandal at the Air Force Academy. It willl give you some insight about what happens to an organization when standards are lowered just to get football players into the system. Who's gonna be the gatekeeper, the guardian if not the Administration?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I just checked the math courses offered by Hutchinson and they offer several Calculus courses. What is Custis talking about? Does he mean that GT won't accept them?

• Subject
  • Course
  • Course Title
  • Credit Hours
    • MA
    • MA110
    • Calculus
    • 0 - 3
    • MA
    • MA111
    • Analytical Geometry and Calculus I
    • 0 - 5
    • MA
    • MA112H
    • Honors Analytical Geometry and Calculus I
    • 0 - 5
    • MA
    • MA112L
    • Honors Analytical Geometry and Calculus I Lab
    • 0 -
    • MA
    • MA113
    • Analytical Geometry and Calculus II
    • 0 - 5
    • MA
    • MA114H
    • Honors Analytical Geometry and Calculus II
    • 0 - 5
    • MA
    • MA114L
    • Honors Analytical Geometry and Calculus II Lab
    • 0 -
    • MA
    • MA201
    • Analytical Geometry and Calculus III
    • 0 - 5
    • MA
    • MA202H
    • Honors Analytical Geometry and Calculus III
    • 0 - 5
    • MA
    • MA202L
    • Honors Analytical Geometry and Calculus III Lab

http://www.hutchcc.edu/academics/course-search

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Makes me wonder if Custis would have been better served by going to prep school for a year then enrolling at GT as opposed what he did. He basically took a year off anyhow. Oh well, water under the bridge now.