Curtis Ryans has entered the transfer portal

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Curtis Ryans looked really good then he got injured and got lost in the numbers. Not surprising given the depth at DE next season. A rising tide lifts all boats...but sometimes a few boats end up drifting elsewhere.

His size, production in limited limits, and skillset is going to attract some good teams in the portal.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Can we be honest and say that based on performance, we aren’t “loaded” anywhere except RB
Um, we are loaded at DE. Ivey and Kennard were both great in their little bit of time last year. We got a NFL lineman from the portal in White. Domineck is back and was arguably the best player on the defense last year. Clayton needs to play to his potential, but it's there for him. Then, we also have Youndjouen who has shown flashes and the 3 incoming freshmen who were all highly recruited. Our DEs played well last year and we just loaded up more this offseason. DE and RB are the two spots that we have an abundance of talent.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
What about 3 DL transfers compares this to performance last year? I can say the same for 3 OL transfers

LibertyTurns

Banned
Honestly when we make it thru a season & show we don’t need someone like Curtis on the roster, well then we’re loaded. Until then I want him starting, subbing in for a starter, subbing for a sub or even just plain old helping the 1st team offense practice against good competition. Give me Depth, then some more Depth & a little more after that.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
We are much better, but are we even in top half of the ACC at that position ? Loaded generally means top quality talent plus some quantity. We were not great at DE last year. Maybe we’ll be great there this year. Too soon to know.