Current Set of DBs

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

On campus and in the current recruiting class. Now granted, some may migrate to LB in the new defense, but its a pretty interesting look:
Height : Quantity of Players
6'4" : 1
6'3" : 3
6'2" : 5
6'1" : 1
(...and of course more below that...but I just wanted to highlight how many taller guys we have now...)

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Yeah it's a very different look in the defensive backfield than we've had recently. I'm interested in seeing what Woody does with the players he has. We might see more of a rotation of guys with some becoming LB and used situationally.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Also
1. 6’0” : 1
2. 5’10” : 2
3. 5’11” : 1

Woody mentioned cross training players so I’m sure some DB’s will be cross trained at linebacker.

What I wouldn’t do is field a team with a bunch of undersized LB’s. Cross training guys and playing them at multiple positions would be wise especially when considering the varied offenses GT faces.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Also
1. 6’0” : 1
2. 5’10” : 2
3. 5’11” : 1

Woody mentioned cross training players so I’m sure some DB’s will be cross trained at linebacker.

What I wouldn’t do is field a team with a bunch of undersized LB’s. Cross training guys and playing them at multiple positions would be wise especially when considering the varied offenses GT faces.
Would love a signiture defense like our signiture offense.
Perhaps its bigger db ( 6 1 at corner and 6 3 at safety) and fewer prototypical 2 olb and 2 ilb. Plus 2 safeties and more a typical 2 smallish ilb that can run and 4 safeties. The all time winningest high school coach in texas runs the 10-1 line of doom. The school has few athletes but it use s speed too negate talent. In the beginig the would often rush them all most of the time. Got ball to offense that made few mistakes.
It has morphed into more standard sets, but furing the game thr line oof doom still be shown to make the othsr team adjust.

We really have lots of young talent at db safety and lb .

WOW. That is bizarre. I checked a few minutes ago, and all I got was a blank page. I did that because someone I emailed it to said he couldn't read it. Really strange. Thanks for letting me know. Hope you enjoyed it.