Current BBack Situation: What say you???

MountPGT1990

Banned
Our very deep and talented Bback position just went from loaded to potentially a liability.
I'm thinking with Mills gone and Benson banged up we went from a Solid A for the position to a C. One of our strengths has just turned into a liability .....

Does anyone know when Benson is returning?
Seems like he has missed most of fall camp and when someone asked CPJ how he was doing yesterday, he said he hasn't been practicing.

Howard has been getting some good remarks but with Benson out, that means we are heading into Tenn with a true frosh and Quaide leading the way....Ouch

Not a good position to be in, CPJ just recently said QW runs way too high and I was thinking he was 4th on depth chart and probably wouldn't see the field this year unless it was mop up time. Now he may get significant time against Tenn.....Dang it DM, I am so pissed right now

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
Our very deep and talented Bback position just went from loaded to potentially a liability.
I'm thinking with Mills gone and Benson banged up we went from a Solid A for the position to a C. One of our strengths has just turned into a liability .....

Does anyone know when Benson is returning?
Seems like he has missed most of fall camp and when someone asked CPJ how he was doing yesterday, he said he hasn't been practicing.

Howard has been getting some good remarks but with Benson out, that means we are heading into Tenn with a true frosh and Quaide leading the way....Ouch

Not a good position to be in, CPJ just recently said QW runs way too high and I was thinking he was 4th on depth chart and probably wouldn't see the field this year unless it was mop up time. Now he may get significant time against Tenn.....Dang it DM, I am so pissed right now

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
This is a big team loss; I just looked over the whole roster and don't really anybody including the defensive or freshman which will suffice

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Mills was a shock last year as we heard good things about him from CPJ. I remember thinking it was posturing by CPJ when you kept hearing he may be starting. Losing a standout starter is never good but the guys we have will do well. Looking forward to seeing if Jerry is the Mills of this year.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Losing one player isn't equivalent to losing two or three. C'mon, let's not go overboard. Our point man got shot, now let's deal with it. The enemy isn't going away. Benson looked good to me. I haven't seen Howard. Others say he looks good. Stuff happens all the time. I'll be there rooting.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Losing one player isn't equivalent to losing two or three. C'mon, let's not go overboard. Our point man got shot, now let's deal with it. The enemy isn't going away. Benson looked good to me. I haven't seen Howard. Others say he looks good. Stuff happens all the time. I'll be there rooting.
Agree

But it did slow down the QB debate :) for a few hours

MountPGT1990

Banned

True, stuff happens, just seems to happen way too much to our RB's. DM will not easily be replaced. Benson has been hurt all camp, Howard is a true frosh that CPJ said has a lot to learn with the playbook on where to go and he just recently said QW runs way too high with his pads up.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Missouri put up about 50 on UT last year. As did a bunch of other crappy offenses. This doesn't lose us the game. We have some incredible ABs and will be fine at BB. Gonna need benson to get healthy and step up. Hopefully we can get 15 carries out of him and maybe 8-12 out of Jerry for 4-5 ypc

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I'm not that concerned. This offense has a lot of haters but it consistently gets rushing yards, regardless of who is toting the rock. If the OL and other blockers are doing their job, even an average RB will get good yardage. Lucky for us, we have better than average BBs who are going to step up. If you haven't heard of Jerry Howard yet, you will. It'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Now that he's gone maybe people won't jump down my throat if I say that mills was overhyped. He brought good power running but completely lacked the home run threat. This isn't sour grapes by the way. I said the same thing when Marshal left. This bigger loss was always Marshal because he was a more complete back. By the way Marshal also had a higher % of his runs go for 3 or more yards.

This will hurt early most likely but I doubt it will mean much at the end of the year once his replacement gets adjusted.

Now that he's gone maybe people won't jump down my throat if I say that mills was overhyped. He brought good power running but completely lacked the home run threat. This isn't sour grapes by the way. I said the same thing when Marshal left. This bigger loss was always Marshal because he was a more complete back. By the way Marshal also had a higher % of his runs go for 3 or more yards.

This will hurt early most likely but I doubt it will mean much at the end of the year once his replacement gets adjusted.
I agree with you. I just ran his number, KY was the only game he had over 100 yards. The rest he averaged about 75. Longest run was 39 yards.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you. I just ran his number, KY was the only game he had over 100 yards. The rest he averaged about 75. Longest run was 39 yards.

He rushed for 132 yds against u[sic]nc. That game and KY were the only games Marcus Marshall didn't also play.