Culture Change

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
After last night’s game it looks like our fan base needs a culture change as well. So sick of people poo pooing on ours players. If I have to hear about their so called “lack of talent” I’m gonna lose my mind. It’s bad enough a-holes like Bradley write crap about them in the newspaper. Can we try to encourage these kids? If you want to criticize coaches or when players make mental errors I get it but when we constantly talk about their physical abilities it’s just sad. I’ve been guilty of it but going forward I’m gonna try to take the higher road. Hope others choose to do the same.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
We definitely have some good players, but nowhere near the quality of depth to keep up with a juggernaut like the current Clemson team (but who does, really?). First game with entirely new systems on the road at the championship ceremony for the #1 ranked defending champs? Yeah that's not a realistic barometer to use to judge our team. Let's play a few games against normal teams and then see where we're at.

Deleted member 2897

Exactly. There is a huge massive drop off from Clemson and Georgia to anybody else on our schedule. We could lose by 100 points to Clemson and Georgia and still win 8-10 games. We could win 5 straight games now and honestly it wouldn't shock me after what I saw last night. Gotta just focus on the next one though. 1 at a time.

Parks & Rec College beats STEM School, story at 11.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
There is a reason that "the favorite player on a football team is the backup quarterback" is a saying. This attitude (all players, not just QBs) is common among many fan bases. I will shout things at the TV, or at the games about player mistakes, but I don't actually mean them. It is a reactionary release, a Bobby Bowden "Dadgummit". Too many people stay stuck in the reactionary mode for far too long. Some one this forum have been in that mode for years.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
After last night’s game it looks like our fan base needs a culture change as well. So sick of people poo pooing on ours players. If I have to hear about their so called “lack of talent” I’m gonna lose my mind. It’s bad enough a-holes like Bradley write crap about them in the newspaper. Can we try to encourage these kids? If you want to criticize coaches or when players make mental errors I get it but when we constantly talk about their physical abilities it’s just sad. I’ve been guilty of it but going forward I’m gonna try to take the higher road. Hope others choose to do the same.
Amen!!

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I think after losing 52-14, it’s not unreasonable to question where the deficiency is. Maybe it’s the coaching, but we only have a one game sample.

With the players, they’ve been getting drilled by Clemson for years, so maybe their limitations are a problem. The solution to that is better players. Heck, the last time we played a close game against them was 2012 (which includes one blowout win by us).

We can support and applaud their effort and recognize that we need more. These aren’t mutually exclusive.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

:LOL:

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Good lord. Alabama lost to Clemson 44-16. Alabama!

We have nothing to be ashamed of … let's learn and get back to the practice field.

To be fair, Clemson played their starters the whole game against Bama. Did we even get Lawrence for three full quarters?

But I get your point.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I ain't poo pooing anything but the offensive play calling.
If we had gone air-raid and given up 20 sacks and 10 int’s how would you be feeling about the play calling? These new coaches are going to have to eat the sh!tsandwich of talent that CPJ left for them for awhile

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

“I used to act like a jerk but I’ve decided to try and not act like as big a jerk anymore...and I ask that everyone else do the same please.”

New regime new rules.

Talent is and always has been a point of discussion here. What is unpalatable to me is questioning effort or heart. That happens too often for my liking. People still hate on poor Reggie Ball. Dude had heart and athleticism even if he wasn’t the best QB Tech has ever had. He gave great effort. That’s all I ask for from the players. But their abilities, success, and lack of success will always be a valid point of discussion.

There is a very prominent poster here who can’t abide any doubts regarding CGC. But man he will totally tear down our players..especially starting QBs and linebackers. But that’s okay so long as you “love” CGC. Hypocrisy is alive and well here.