Crucial DPI on GT call. Video/GIf in post.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Made a cropped gif. Looks like he slips after trying to push off, and pulls Walton down on him.

All 3 on Tech were bad calls imo. Also, the hold on DeFoor was an awful call and really hurt a drive where we had a lot of momentum. Then, they missed two blatant holds on NC State that both led to huge plays. The refs were ****ing awful.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Thought they had one long drive enabled by 3 bad calls. If I recall correctly:
  • Had them in 2nd and 21 on their end. They gained about 20, maybe 20.5. Refs gave them a first down.
  • Our DL jumped, but not into the neutral zone. Their OL flinched. Refs called neutral zone infraction.
  • One of the many pass interference calls.
That was just one drive. I rarely complain, but I thought it was lopsided today. I don't think it was malicious, just bad officiating, and unfortunately we got the short end of the stick. Hard to say if the outcome might have been different. We did enough to shoot ourselves in the foot.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Thought they had one long drive enabled by 3 bad calls. If I recall correctly:
  • Had them in 2nd and 21 on their end. They gained about 20, maybe 20.5. Refs gave them a first down.
  • Our DL jumped, but not into the neutral zone. Their OL flinched. Refs called neutral zone infraction.
  • One of the many pass interference calls.
That was just one drive. I rarely complain, but I thought it was lopsided today. I don't think it was malicious, just bad officiating, and unfortunately we got the short end of the stick. Hard to say if the outcome might have been different. We did enough to shoot ourselves in the foot.
Ivey never got into the neutral zone. I forgot about that one, thanks Cuse. Just another crappy call to add to the list.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
All 3 on Tech were bad calls imo. Also, the hold on DeFoor was an awful call and really hurt a drive where we had a lot of momentum. Then, they missed two blatant holds on NC State that both led to huge plays. The refs were ****ing awful.
DeFoor had his arm wrapped around the guys neck. The unfortunate thing was the play was already by him at that point and there was no need to hold

Deleted member 2897

I am loving the shade directed towards the Refs on this thread. We should have and could have won despite these calls. We did not lose because of bad calls. But it’s inexcusable to so routinely have a bunch of incompetent morons calling games. I wish people had testicles these days and at halftime some backup Refs came in because they fired a couple on the spot.

Scubapro

Banned
I am loving the shade directed towards the Refs on this thread. We should have and could have won despite these calls. We did not lose because of bad calls. But it’s inexcusable to so routinely have a bunch of incompetent morons calling games. I wish people had testicles these days and at halftime some backup Refs came in because they fired a couple on the spot.
Yeah....Its not good to have the game come down to the judgement of the officials.
On the folks calling the game...IDK...I was at a bar and couldn't hear it.
Just be thankful it wasn't Pam Ward LOL

runnerbuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
wouldnt have mattered. CDP would have pissed away any opportunities the d gave him. this didnt lose us the game.