Crowd Noise

GTJared21

Georgia Tech Fan
If you watched Justin Thomas and Deon Hill during their press conference, you would have heard them speak about the intensity in the second half of yesterday's game. They both said that during the second half the intensity dropped. I don't know if they were talking about the players, I don't know if they were talking about the coaches and I don't know if they were talking about us (the fans). On that note I have to say I'm not very pleased with our crowd noise or our intensity. At georgia tech, most fans cheer for one thing: touch downs. It almost seems like that's the only time there is ever a noise in the stadium. During the entire 3rd quarter yesterday it was silent, other than the georgia southern fans chanting that Bobby Dodd stadium was "their house". We have to do this for the players. The players like the intensity and the vibe that the fans give off. We have to stand up and jump and scream and clap because they notice that, and it makes them want to make plays for us. When the stadium plays music, that's not for us to listen to. It's for us to get hyped up and get our players hyped, no matter what the scoreboard says. Crowd noise can change a game. If we don't turn our noise level up a knotch then we might as well get used to the away fans being louder than us and I don't know about you but I don't like it. Stand up and scream for your team.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
If you watched Justin Thomas and Deon Hill during their press conference, you would have heard them speak about the intensity in the second half of yesterday's game. They both said that during the second half the intensity dropped. I don't know if they were talking about the players, I don't know if they were talking about the coaches and I don't know if they were talking about us (the fans). On that note I have to say I'm not very pleased with our crowd noise or our intensity. At georgia tech, most fans cheer for one thing: touch downs. It almost seems like that's the only time there is ever a noise in the stadium. During the entire 3rd quarter yesterday it was silent, other than the georgia southern fans chanting that Bobby Dodd stadium was "their house". We have to do this for the players. The players like the intensity and the vibe that the fans give off. We have to stand up and jump and scream and clap because they notice that, and it makes them want to make plays for us. When the stadium plays music, that's not for us to listen to. It's for us to get hyped up and get our players hyped, no matter what the scoreboard says. Crowd noise can change a game. If we don't turn our noise level up a knotch then we might as well get used to the away fans being louder than us and I don't know about you but I don't like it. Stand up and scream for your team.
I concur. Way too quiet on our end too... Its tough when the Southern fans were more into the game than we were. They didnt even use the screen to get one side saying Yellow and the other side saying Jackets. Thats got to be the first time ive seen that happen in a close game in a long while.

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
You were not in our section, which was very intense and loud the whole game.

I was in the student section and they brought the noise, but it was a bit disheartening to hear the Southern fans making more noise than the GT fans.

When Southern lost the game, they got a standing ovation from their visiting section. Granted, some of this comes from being in the position of a program where expectations are more realistic, but I was still impressed with the dedication of their fans.

GTBME

Georgia Tech Fan
Whoever played the Kenny Rogers song at halftime should get a permaban at BDS.
Football is about excitement-play pump up songs-nothing exciting about Kenny Rogers or his music.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I have season tickets behind the GA Tech bench and will tell you that we were littered with GA Southern fans who were making a TON more noise than GA Tech fans, and I'm SURE that's what he was referring to. I was embarrassed as an alum, and letter winner from the football program, that our football team, and coaches, had to deal with this.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
I was in the student section and they brought the noise, but it was a bit disheartening to hear the Southern fans making more noise than the GT fans.

When Southern lost the game, they got a standing ovation from their visiting section. Granted, some of this comes from being in the position of a program where expectations are more realistic, but I was still impressed with the dedication of their fans.

That would be the "band" bringing most of the noise in the student section, half empty as usual, embarrassing, team deserves more!!

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
My season tickets are up in 219 and there was a ton of southern fans up there. I was probably the loudest tech fan in that section and the Gsu fans kept mean muggin me, especially in the 1st half.

Very quiet up there in the first half and then conveniently got loud in the 2nd half. Reminded me of Dwag fans, gonna kill themselves when they are losing, want to spit in your face when they take the lead. 2 Gsu guys next to me just kept cursing to themselves about every other play in the 1st half when they couldn't stop us then were up cheering in my face in the 2nd. Then when we scored to win they wouldn't look at me. All in all a good day.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Speaking about the quiet majority.....the fans sucked vs GSU. Even on critical 3rd downs were way too quiet. 1st n 2nd downs....puhleeze...95% of our fans make no noise....outside of breaking wind...on those downs for the D. It was a bit disheartening.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
As a wise man once said, "Shiiiiiii"

I'm sure we sounded great in the first half and I know we did in the end. The second half is what you're focusing on. There wasn't much to cheer for.

Another 3rd down letdown after another. Hard of get up after awhile.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
the smug old farts in the east and west stands are pretty quiet... unless the team does something they don't like.
Picture a section filled with Jims, Foggys and Yukons

Animal02

Banned
That would be the "band" bringing most of the noise in the student section, half empty as usual, embarrassing, team deserves more!!
Let's face it...a large portion of the students at Tech are not what you would label "inclined to be interested in sports" or "even knwo what american football is all about"

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I have season tickets behind the GA Tech bench and will tell you that we were littered with GA Southern fans who were making a TON more noise than GA Tech fans, and I'm SURE that's what he was referring to. I was embarrassed as an alum, and letter winner from the football program, that our football team, and coaches, had to deal with this.
It did not come across well on TV all the way up in New England either. When I try to get fans interested in Tech football up here they see a TV screen in which almost every pan of the crowd showed fans sitting down looking stoney faced. To say these were poor optics is an understatement.

Milwaukee

Banned
I wasn't there but, in all honesty, what do you have to cheer about (if you're a Tech fan) in the 3rd qtr when you're getting routed 27-0 in the 2nd half? I was at home, and I damn near couldn't speak. I sat there watching the epic collapse with my jaw on the floor, literally speechless.

Sounded pretty damn loud when Hill trotted in for the game-winner.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I wasn't there but, in all honesty, what do you have to cheer about (if you're a Tech fan) in the 3rd qtr when you're getting routed 27-0 in the 2nd half? I was at home, and I damn near couldn't speak. I sat there watching the epic collapse with my jaw on the floor, literally speechless.

Sounded pretty damn loud when Hill trotted in for the game-winner.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
Let's face it...a large portion of the students at Tech are not what you would label "inclined to be interested in sports" or "even knwo what american football is all about"

This is very true, if you look hard enough on any given fall Saturday you can find a group of these students with the look of "where are all the people going" on their face. Also have to many Greek students hanging out at the frat house watching on the flat screen, especially the noon kicks. This however has become a problem at other schools in the past couple of years with just about every game being televised via TV / Web.