Crow!!

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Look, I am not interested in eating crow, good or ill. Fans ride up or down as they will, but not one person, unless they are a genuine troll or a non-GT fan, was unhappy after Saturday. Geez, we act like we're the only fan base with emotional roller coaster fans. I am not interested in some purity contest.

Anyone who says they didn't have an old familiar "we are about to get screwed by bad luck" after the fumble thing VT pulled off for a TD is a liar

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
What the he11 are you taking about?? I just simply said that I had predicted a loss Saturday and I was glad to see that we won the game. Purity contest! Troll?? Really? Dude all I was saying was I am glad we won the game and glad that my prediction was wrong.....

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
A lot of us are in the same category, techman. Happy we were wrong. I'm just hoping I am also wrong about how bad I think our D is against the pass. If not, I am not sure we will be as fortunate with other QBs as we were with VPI's on Saturday. No pass rush without blitzing can be a recipe for disaster with a decent QB. Miami usually has tight ends and RBs that can catch the ball short and make you pay for soft/little coverage. Ted Roof will once again have a monumental task trying to work some magic against daU. Go Jackets!!

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Nice to finally get some breaks playing these guys. We could very easily have 3 more wins against VT. They have been lucky as all get out.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
What the he11 are you taking about?? I just simply said that I had predicted a loss Saturday and I was glad to see that we won the game. Purity contest! Troll?? Really? Dude all I was saying was I am glad we won the game and glad that my prediction was wrong.....

It just seems that after every win or loss, the forums (across all sites) wage yet another battle between factions. I quit 2 sites because of this, and I would rather not see another site start down that road.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot of us are in the same category, techman. Happy we were wrong. I'm just hoping I am also wrong about how bad I think our D is against the pass. If not, I am not sure we will be as fortunate with other QBs as we were with VPI's on Saturday. No pass rush without blitzing can be a recipe for disaster with a decent QB. Miami usually has tight ends and RBs that can catch the ball short and make you pay for soft/little coverage. Ted Roof will once again have a monumental task trying to work some magic against daU. Go Jackets!!
Yeah the pass D does scare me some but I did like the adjustments made in the second half. Wish we would play a little tighter on the corners but I do understand why we do it. Just frustrating watching a QB pick us apart like they have but it's also nice to see timely turnovers.

We are lucky that Miami has a green quarterback, and that they have to play a decent Duke team this week. They will also be wondering what we have in store for them. The triple option, yes, but they now have some passing to prepare for. And every minute of practice time taken away from option prep is good for us. On a normal week coaches get about 18 hours to prepare the team. Miami has to travel to Atlanta, so take a few more hours off of that.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
It just seems that after every win or loss, the forums (across all sites) wage yet another battle between factions. I quit 2 sites because of this, and I would rather not see another site start down that road.
Like I said all I was saying was I was glad I was wrong about my prediction. I love my team and I want them to win every week. I'm not trying to wage a battle with anyone I was just simply stating that I was glad I was wrong. If you don't like what being said in the thread don't read it (y)

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
No, I don't think that's good advice. I recently decided to make this my permanent "home forum" and I want to be more aware of the type of stuff that goes on here. I was personally harassed, sent threatening PMs, and run out of town on a rail on another site, and if those kind of people are here, I may just be done with the GT fanbase forums.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
No, I don't think that's good advice. I recently decided to make this my permanent "home forum" and I want to be more aware of the type of stuff that goes on here. I was personally harassed, sent threatening PMs, and run out of town on a rail on another site, and if those kind of people are here, I may just be done with the GT fanbase forums.
Whatever bro..... I'm not harassing or threatening you or anyone.... Like I said 4 time already I was just saying I was glad to eat crow and it tasted good, hope we win all the games.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
There are a few things I was worried about in the beginning of the season that I'm glad I was proven wrong about...so far. Not going to jinx it by saying it, but if we can finish the season the way things are turning out, I'll be the first one to start a thread and list all the things I'm happy to be wrong about.

Still a long ways to go...but watching our youngsters battle back has been fun (if not stressful)!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Just curious, what was your handle on the "other" site?

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
I was sent threatening PMs. Not gonna disclose my handle. Enough psychos out there these days that as it is, you need to create fake email accounts FOR your fake email accounts.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
@Wrecking Ball: calm down buddy. There is definitely some disagreement that goes on in this forum regarding the coaching regime, but the level of discourse is generally pretty good (the best site IMHO). I am not sure I always agree with techman78, but I don't think he was trying to start anything here at all. His post was generally positive and, at worst, merely innocuous. If you are going to take that sort of post as something threatening or divisive, you are not going to find any forum acceptable.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
@Wrecking Ball: calm down buddy. There is definitely some disagreement that goes on in this forum regarding the coaching regime, but the level of discourse is generally pretty good (the best site IMHO). I am not sure I always agree with techman78, but I don't think he was trying to start anything here at all. His post was generally positive and, at worst, merely innocuous. If you are going to take that sort of post as something threatening or divisive, you are not going to find any forum acceptable.
Thank you!! I don't really post a lot but when I do I try to be positive.... Not trying to get anyone stirred up just admitting I was wrong lol