Cremins beginning:

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
There is an article I just read that quotes Cremins reaction about Pastner's great start and the way he got started. Now don't get me wrong I love both coaches!!! But what helped Bobby more than anything is that Brooke Steppe was suspended his senior year for academics! The sus. yr. would have been his senior year! Now if you remember Steppe; he was a great player and a game changer!!! Now then when Bobby entered his first year he was very fortunate to have Steppe on that first team of his!!! Steppe enabled Tech to have some really good wins and recruits could see how Bobby could coach with a great player on the floor. Now like I said before I LOVE BOTH COACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I am pretty sure Steppe transfered from Dekalb jr College. Saw him play in ACC tournament in Greensboro. Could really score. There was another kid that was a Pf or C that was good at getting the ball down low but could turn to face the basket. Those 2 were the heart of a decent team that year.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I am pretty sure Steppe transfered from Dekalb jr College. Saw him play in ACC tournament in Greensboro. Could really score. There was another kid that was a Pf or C that was good at getting the ball down low but could turn to face the basket. Those 2 were the heart of a decent team that year.
Yes Steppe went to HS at North Springs but then had to go to Dekalb College before GT would let him enroll (as did another GT grad who's now a big, big donor to the school after a very successful career in IT). Brook was a stud in HS but needed a little academic help.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
I think that was Lee Goza.