Credit to MBob

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I want to thank MBob for what I think is a solid hire. He has taken a ton of heat from many and myself included but in the end the result is very positive for GT. He stressed a top recruiter was a huge priority and we landed one of the best. Wait until you see the staff if rumors are true. Another big plus that you will see released is the contract and deal we got. Big plus for GT and the AA financially.

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow
Hope this works in our favor. Not a fan of the hire given his time at Memphis. But as you allude to, Hopefully the contract and staff make this a favorable choice. He's our coach now, and we have to hope he can revitalize the program. Huff and White would be home run choices to join the staff.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I'll give him credit for thinking outside the box. The top guys were all a no go and it may or may not be his fault. Given his track record I would like to think we just aren't very attractive right now. Instead of settling on a coach it looks like he went with someone who once had huge potential and was one of the hottest coaches out there for a good price and is looking to provide him a hell of a staff.

I''m scared as **** about the hire but I think the ceiling is much higher than anyone else still on the board.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
If it's a favorable contract that doesn't potentially put us in the hurt locker again I'm willing to let him try his hand in the GA recruiting circles.

He will either plant his flag or produce more of the same.

He's a Chris Carter hitter. 450' bombs or a golden sombrero.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well, I burned myself out on going "all in" on candidates, potential (Enfield), actual (Drew), and fake (Martin), to get too excited. But, I guess I'll give MBob credit for not saying no to the only guy who wanted the job.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
I want to thank MBob for what I think is a solid hire. He has taken a ton of heat from many and myself included but in the end the result is very positive for GT. He stressed a top recruiter was a huge priority and we landed one of the best. Wait until you see the staff if rumors are true. Another big plus that you will see released is the contract and deal we got. Big plus for GT and the AA financially.
I appreciate your optimism but I'm not sure I'm ready to give MBob any kudos for this whole process and ultimate outcome of Pastner. The way this whole thing has played out would indicate he was ill prepared to make a quick hire after firing Gregory and for a guy that supposedly had been getting his ducks in a row since January he did a poor job selling our program to any of the top candidates that have been rumored for the job. I mean Chris Mack is one of his guys and it is now being reported that he is interested in the Memphis job.

Bottom line he struck out every where he looked whether it be because of his ability to sell GT or money issues or possibly people don't want to work for him and we end up with a guy whose former employer was desperately trying to rid themselves of him and his Hewitt type contract. The fans hated him. They are dancing in the streets in Memphis much like we would've been had Hewitt taken the St. Johns job. We've resorted to spinning this hire by putting all our hope in the assistant coaches he hires with connections in Atlanta and praying that one of them is strong enough with the X's and O's to keep Pastner afloat in the ACC. My God if that's the case why do we even need Pastner? Maybe it will all work out in the end but right now knowing what we know this whole damn thing is just pathetic.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
If you have a job opening that nobody wants to fill........................................

"...he did a poor job selling our program..."

You got nothing to sell. The GT basketball program is a national joke. That's why no one wanted the job.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
If you have a job opening that nobody wants to fill........................................

"...he did a poor job selling our program..."

You got nothing to sell. The GT basketball program is a national joke. That's why no one wanted the job.
I think some of our fans have a hard time accepting this, but the last 2 weeks have been very telling...

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Hey guys, lifelong Memphis fan here. Gotta say im really sorry. I feel for you guys.

Dont let the gaudy record fool you. In the past 2 seasons, Josh was 1-18 vs RPI top 50. In his career he is 17-54 vs top 50 RPI and holds an overall losing record vs top 100.

His 70% win percentage is due to feasting on a weak CUSA and sub 200 teams OOC.

Recruiting? Hes done it with almost all Memphis kids... and run them off. Weve had a roster full of transfers in the last 2 seasons. The only 4/5 star recruits he ever signed out of local kids was Jalen Kendrick and Will Barton...but that was in year 2 when we brought a loaded Memphis class of Joe Jackson/Tarik Black/Adonis Thomas in and Memphis was still a hot name. Since then, Shaq Goodwin and Charlie Moore is it. He only got Dedric Lawson because he hired his dad and hes a Memphis kid. He has zero chance of success in the ACC

Again, I feel for you guys. Yall have great tradition and dont deserve this. But im in celebration mode that the clown is gone

Certainly some cause for concern here. I hope Cpast proves all his haters wrong. If u can recruit, you have a chance to be good here. We shall see.

Having said that. We would be much better off without Mboob. If a Bball experienced AD, that was his cred coming in, can't do better than this at GT.....the future is bleak for his future moves.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Bottom line he struck out every where he looked whether it be because of his ability to sell GT or money issues or possibly people don't want to work for him

I don't know if it will ever be public knowledge, but I wonder how many times he actually struck out, versus how many times "sources" said he did? If a search firm or someone else representing Tech just asked a candidate if he'd like to interview for the job and he said "no", then that's not really striking out. My guess is he struck out only with Drew and MAYBE with Capel. The rest were just media noise and wishful thinking.

It would be interesting, but not necessary, to know.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know if it will ever be public knowledge, but I wonder how many times he actually struck out, versus how many times "sources" said he did? If a search firm or someone else representing Tech just asked a candidate if he'd like to interview for the job and he said "no", then that's not really striking out. My guess is he struck out only with Drew and MAYBE with Capel. The rest were just media noise and wishful thinking.

It would be interesting, but not necessary, to know.
Outside of hearing the final details on the contract I'm am really anxious to hear the details of what actually went on during this search. If it's like everything else at GT it will inevitably come out down the road.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
And the moon landing never happened.