Crazy World We Live In

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Unfortunately, they're too busy giving me a ticket for rolling a stop sign on a right only turn out. Who puts a stop sign and not a yield sign in a right only turn out?

you’ve got it good, they just spent 14 million revamping an intersection near me and didn’t put a right turn lane at all, if you want to turn right you wait until the through traffic clears before you can get to the intersection. :rolleyes:

ramblinwreckguru

Ramblin' Wreck
you’ve got it good, they just spent 14 million revamping an intersection near me and didn’t put a right turn lane at all, if you want to turn right you wait until the through traffic clears before you can get to the intersection. :rolleyes:

Absolutely no cars in sight on my side of the median when I slow to make sure it's clear and I get hit for "Did not obey stop sign". All these years and I think that's the first time I've seen a stop sign in that scenario. Shame on me I guess for assuming it was a yield situation which it definitely should have been in my opinion.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what this is referring to.
Well, if Moderna and Pfizer are 95% effective and J&J is ~75%, then 5% and 25% vaccinated people, respectively, could still contract COVID-19 and be severely affected by the virus. Those numbers should slightly affect what was being discussed, wouldn't it? I know the percentage of people contracting the disease and needing hospitalization or who die is pretty low, so that's a percentage of the 5% or 25%, but that's greater than zero, so it should be accountable, right? If not, show me why. I'm not married to this opinion in this instance because I'm not 100% sure what was being argued..

ramblinwreckguru

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, if Moderna and Pfizer are 95% effective and J&J is ~75%, then 5% and 25% vaccinated people, respectively, could still contract COVID-19 and be severely affected by the virus. Those numbers should slightly affect what was being discussed, wouldn't it? I know the percentage of people contracting the disease and needing hospitalization or who die is pretty low, so that's a percentage of the 5% or 25%, but that's greater than zero, so it should be accountable, right? If not, show me why. I'm not married to this opinion in this instance because I'm not 100% sure what was being argued..

What the article was saying is that the declining cases and hospitalizations due to covid 19 give people a false sense of security because the hospitalizations due to covid 19 are at about the same rate among the unvaccinated. I think that the poster was just making the point of why should those who are unvaccinated and have not recovered from covid 19 be hospitalized at a different rate than the general population has for the past year.

Regarding your point that some of those being hospitalized for covid are vaccinated, the article seems to totally dismiss those cases.

SnidelyWhiplash

Helluva Engineer

That’s actually not true though - vaccinated people have significantly lower hospitalization and death rates even if they pick up the virus.

To everyone, sorry I wasn’t more clear. The article was very confusing. They were trying to hype up Covid like it was getting worse or surprising people because the unvaccinated are still ending up in the hospital and dying like they always were. That should surprise nobody. The author also said people are being told if unvaccinated to stop wearing masks and to put your guard down. I’m sure there are some health experts out there saying that somewhere, but I continue to hear the opposite from the CDC and those types of people.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
That’s actually not true though - vaccinated people have significantly lower hospitalization and death rates even if they pick up the virus.

To everyone, sorry I wasn’t more clear. The article was very confusing. They were trying to hype up Covid like it was getting worse or surprising people because the unvaccinated are still ending up in the hospital and dying like they always were. That should surprise nobody. The author also said people are being told if unvaccinated to stop wearing masks and to put your guard down. I’m sure there are some health experts out there saying that somewhere, but I continue to hear the opposite from the CDC and those types of people.
Right, but that’s still a non-zero number, which was the ONLY point I was trying to make. I wasn’t refuting anyone’s contention.

SnidelyWhiplash

Helluva Engineer
See, it’s not complicated. Just enforce the law when confronted with a threat.

GT_EE78

Helluva Engineer
Think Twice before becoming organ donor!

Doctors Killed Organ Donor After Realizing Woman Wasn’t Dead Yet​

1622719554872.jpeg

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck

My wife was telling me about this yesterday. She's does a lot of commissioned pet color pencil drawings. I told her she was missing an opportunity. First because she doesn't charge anywhere near that much. Two, because she could save a LOT on overhead by just using invisible pencils. Three, she could get her portraits done a LOT quicker (and therefore turn around a lot more) using his methods.

We'll probably start working through some alterations to her personal business over the weekend to see what we can do.

SnidelyWhiplash

Helluva Engineer
My wife was telling me about this yesterday. She's does a lot of commissioned pet color pencil drawings. I told her she was missing an opportunity. First because she doesn't charge anywhere near that much. Two, because she could save a LOT on overhead by just using invisible pencils. Three, she could get her portraits done a LOT quicker (and therefore turn around a lot more) using his methods.

We'll probably start working through some alterations to her personal business over the weekend to see what we can do.

You know we've reached Tulip Craze levels when NFTs become a thing and when invisible artwork becomes a thing. :ROFLMAO:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Sad truth...there have been so many stories like this that later turned out to be made up by the alleged victims that I just no longer pay attention to any of them. Most are intentional to try to generate further division and hatred between different gangs/groups/political parties. There is the occasional true one, but because there have been so many hoaxes and such lax journalism, they get ignored by many.

#EndCultureWars

LibertyTurns

Helluva Engineer
Sad truth...there have been so many stories like this that later turned out to be made up by the alleged victims that I just no longer pay attention to any of them. Most are intentional to try to generate further division and hatred between different gangs/groups/political parties. There is the occasional true one, but because there have been so many hoaxes and such lax journalism, they get ignored by many.

#EndCultureWars
We certainly don’t want to deal with the real cause of the issues just give us the window dressing. There was a cowboy hat, big belt buckle guy at the airport several days ago and the “offended” were trying to bait him into a response, cameras recording, the whole 9 yards. It was a shoulder bump going different ways and the “offender” wasn’t profuse enough in his apology. The leaders of this country better start stepping up otherwise it’s going to be worse than the 60’s.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
This is the stuff that pisses me off. 32 years and I’ve never seen an officer trained to do this. I’ll debate use of force issues all day long because I know what cops are trained and told to do, some are debatable others are completely legal but when I see a cop doing something that literally makes me scratch my head it befuddles me. It’s these instances that require swift termination and prosecution especially if he knew the guy from previous encounters and knew he was mentally ill.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck

#EndCultureWars

if FB and Twitter can edit what we are exposed to then there should be a requirement that they source videos and or confirm the validity of stories BEFORE they allow them to go public. The rule should be no one sided story’s and no partial videos.

baiting wouldn’t be so easy if this practice were followed by ”social media” companies.

most people seek the entire story, start to finish, before assigning blame or fault. The pause button has apparently eliminated that aspect of common sense

SnidelyWhiplash

Helluva Engineer
if FB and Twitter can edit what we are exposed to then there should be a requirement that they source videos and or confirm the validity of stories BEFORE they allow them to go public. The rule should be no one sided story’s and no partial videos.

baiting wouldn’t be so easy if this practice were followed by ”social media” companies.

most people seek the entire story, start to finish, before assigning blame or fault. The pause button has apparently eliminated that aspect of common sense

FB and Twitter censor and block people all the time for legitimate posts/news. They suck and are run by a pack of stupid idiot pajama boys.