Crazy World We Live In

SnidelyWhiplash

Helluva Engineer
“If someone broke into my house with a gun I wouldn’t call the police.” What an idiot she is, and unfortunately there’s a lot of these professors on our campuses.

I say stop charging her whatever portion of her property taxes go to police and fire and put her family on an ignore list. “Good luck!”

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes she would, she would call the police because these anti cop people have the luxury of sitting inside offices that are offset from the world behind doors that have security sitting between the public and the doorknob. Behind doors which are pass card protected and in offices which campus police monitoring via close circuit camera systems. She has no idea what it is to confront ANYONE who has the ability and desire to end her life. She would call and then promptly complain when the intruder she was scared of was shot and killed by the those strangers who she called to save her life. Those strangers who would risk their lives to confront the person she was afraid to. she is the kind of person who only confronts people whom they believe to be restricted from hurting her. She is the kind of person who would tell a child he/she cant have an ice cream because the paper wrapper pollutes as she plugs her electric car into an electric grid supplied by a 200 ft dam that blocks migrating fish.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Who would you rather have driving a car coming towards you, a person smoking a cigarette or person who's just had some meth / cocaine/heroin/psychedelic mushroom?
Smoking a cigarette.

Now here's a question for you -
Since alcohol is legal, but drunk driving fatalities total over 10,000 per year in the U.S., would you criminalize the mere possession of alcohol because some people get behind the wheel and drive drunk? Prohibition II?

Note that it already highly illegal to drive impaired by any substance, whether it be cocaine, meth, or alcohol - yet alcohol is legal to buy and consume, while meth and cocaine are both not only illegal but criminalized.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I say stop charging her whatever portion of her property taxes go to police and fire and put her family on an ignore list. “Good luck!”
I get your point, but I trust you realize that would be a clear violation of the 14th Amendment.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I get your point, but I trust you realize that would be a clear violation of the 14th Amendment.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
(psst: I think it was tongue-in-cheek)

SnidelyWhiplash

Helluva Engineer

It was more satire, that it’s what SHE should man up and offer. But she won’t, because she’s a piece of ****.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
You want 4 year-olds to be allowed to smoke?
I don't think they're in position to do either decide their sex if it's not what they are born with nor should they be smoking. My point being if they are allowed to make a decision to change their biological attributes by using hormones then why can't they choose to smoke, or do other drugs? I mean after all, "it's their body"...

GT_EE78

Helluva Engineer
if anyone is crazy enough to want 4yo's to be able to decide sex change stuff then they must be ok with letting the 4yo's drink,drive,smoke and vote too.
1619921110691.jpeg

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck

if you had ever done the job you would realize cops get fired all the time. They get fired and then Civil Service Boards and lawsuits get them reinstated. Those boards and suits are called Due Process Rights which is kinda a big thing with liberals. There’s even more obstructions to termination if you are in a union state ( another big liberal idea ) which allows collective bargaining, which introduces cops ability to demand certain union rights of employment.Progressive punishment is another thing that puts cops back on the job, brought to you by Unions and Civil Service Boards. As y’all yell and scream for immediate termination you don’t even bother to find out if the cop has ever been in trouble before, if he hasn’t then in most cases you are yet again violating his due process by immediate termination. So next time you see a liberal thank them for the difficulty in getting rid of bad cops.

BTW there’s nothing that pisses me off more than a bad cop, good cops don’t like working with them BUT you better keep your copy and paste button working, soon the only people applying for the job will be the worse of society and the number of incidents will triple, wait and see

Last edited:

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
if you had ever done the job you would realize cops get fired all the time. They get fired and then Civil Service Boards and lawsuits get them reinstated. Those boards and suits are called Due Process Rights which is kinda a big thing with liberals. There’s even more obstructions to termination if you are in a union state ( another big liberal idea ) which allows collective bargaining, which introduces cops ability to demand certain union rights of employment.Progressive punishment is another thing that puts cops back on the job, brought to you by Unions and Civil Service Boards. As y’all yell and scream for immediate termination you don’t even bother to find out if the cop has ever been in trouble before, if he hasn’t then in most cases you are yet again violating his due process by immediate termination. So next time you see a liberal thank them for the difficulty in getting rid of bad cops.

BTW there’s nothing that pisses me off more than a bad cop, good cops don’t like working with them BUT you better keep your copy and paste button working, soon the only people applying for the job will be the worse of society and the number of incidents will triple, wait and see
Thank you for your posts on here.

Milwaukee

Helluva Engineer

No need to defend this scumbag, I watched the video. He’s an a$$hole cop that should’ve been fired.
I think your argument, as mine, is too many retarded people are yelling “Cops are bad” when it simply isn’t the case. Cops are humans, they’re employees. Hell my bank teller yesterday morning was an idiot, horrible at his job. My customer service rep at Home Depot this morning was as well, I waited 48 mins for her to find a couple rakes that were supposed to be ready for pickup. A lot of people are just stupid. It’s not a cop thing. To say it’s a cop problem is just a talking point for idiots. I’ll end with this: more of these criminals are the idiots than there are cops. End of discussion.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Yeah unions need to stop running interference for bad cops, I agree. And one thing I think needs to be preserved is qualified immunity for officers, which protects them from civil penalties only. The government entities that hire them, however, should not have any qualified immunity shield. In this I agree with Tim Scott of South Carolina. If qualified immunity for officers is done away with, there really will be an exodus of good cops. My guess is that the cops leaving now are mostly the bad cops, who know if they continue on with their present attitudes they're likely to run into trouble. Time for them to find another line of work.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah unions need to stop running interference for bad cops, I agree. And one thing I think needs to be preserved is qualified immunity for officers, which protects them from civil penalties only. The government entities that hire them, however, should not have any qualified immunity shield. In this I agree with Tim Scott of South Carolina. If qualified immunity for officers is done away with, there really will be an exodus of good cops. My guess is that the cops leaving now are mostly the bad cops, who know if they continue on with their present attitudes they're likely to run into trouble. Time for them to find another line of work.

actually the bad cops are staying and the good ones are leaving. The bad cops don’t care what any of us think and will ride it out until,they have no choice. Trust me it’s the good cops that are leaving. They are tired of being called racist, tired of trying like hell to follow ever changing laws, trying to help ungrateful people etc. if you are good these things bother you, they add up mentally, you bust your *** to help everyone and then feel spit upon. They feel admin throws them under the bus to save their own butts. That in a time of equality it’s become acceptable to judge them by the clothing they wear. The simple truth for a good cop is that they have to get out now - with some kind of retirement in tact. Bad cops will just hide more, be slow to calls, not confront criminals, unresponsive to request. It’s easy to hide in government work.

bad cops are a liability for everyone but they will stay, where else they gonna go ? and there will be more coming. It’s one reason good cops don’t rat out bad ones, they won’t be dealt with and they will be your back up after you report them, so the good cop is f’ed either way.

you are losing college grads who wanted to give back, kids who grew up in their hometown and wanted to help it, those who want to serve their community, all are hesitant to sign up now. In 2-3 years the bad people being hired now will be the ones on the force, responding to these call and the public won’t like what a real force of bad cops looks like. . I don’t know one of my cop friends who hasn’t blocked their kids from joining the ranks if they tried. I personally gave my son a bad reference when he tried to join a neighboring agency. I don’t want my son dying for ungrateful people who won’t bother to learn his job or his risks, or those who judge him by sight as they demand equality, no sir ! Not giving my son to that crowd.

it was so vitally important for citizens to understand the job PRIOR to judging. For citizens to recognize the real statistical data rather than media and BLM pushed narratives, I fear it’s to late. Judgement has been passed on all cops. Good cops are quitting everywhere. The ones that stay are becoming more and more cynical and truthfully are starting to look at citizens as the enemy, which isn’t a good thing.

good cops are good people first and good people can’t function in this environment. I’ve said it before, most police shootings are justified but today a good cop can be proclaimed to be bad cop in a millisecond, by the people he serves off nothing more than rumors. second guessing is the norm now. A good cop is that close to not only losing his job but even his freedom.

I haven’t heard one thing about qualified immunity being taken from those who write the laws which are unjust, those who prosecute those who shouldn’t be prosecuted or those who improperly sit in judgement over the laws. Only for the ones who try to enforce what they are told to enforce. Qualified Immunity was meant to protect those who do their jobs correctly (departments and cops) and in good faith. The blanket has been extended to those who are truly criminals, not to protect the criminal cop but to protect those in charge of the entire system.

you posted a response about a duty to provide equal protection under the law earlier, The City of Portland has been burning for what, a year now ? Are those city leaders liable for the lives they have sat by and watched ruined ? It may be a conservative refrain now but kids are still dying in Chicago at record numbers. School systems are being ran by career politicians who are rich off systems that fail our kids. All have qualified immunity. Equal protection under the law has been a thing of the past for a while now, we are well into government leaders protecting their huge salaries. When the public figures out who the real culprits are then and only then can issues be resolved.

until then it’s easy to stop a lot of these issues, rescind the laws that we don’t need. Stop allowing government to feed off any of us !

SnidelyWhiplash

Helluva Engineer
On the today show this morning, they were talking about how Andrew Brown’s funeral was today. As usual, they took a relevant story and completely twisted it for their usual Clickbait purposes. First, they interviewed some family and friends who described him as a very gentle kind person. it might have been a completely unnecessary shooting, but the guy has a 30 year criminal rap sheet with multiple violent arrest resistance charges. He may be a lot of things, but he is not a gentle person. Second, they showed a picture of how in downtown Elizabeth Ciry, they have a confederate statue and spoke about it for a minute. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

GT_EE78

Helluva Engineer
On the today show this morning, they were talking about how Andrew Brown’s funeral was today. As usual, they took a relevant story and completely twisted it for their usual Clickbait purposes. First, they interviewed some family and friends who described him as a very gentle kind person. it might have been a completely unnecessary shooting, but the guy has a 30 year criminal rap sheet with multiple violent arrest resistance charges. He may be a lot of things, but he is not a gentle person. Second, they showed a picture of how in downtown Elizabeth Ciry, they have a confederate statue and spoke about it for a minute. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
hurrah for that city still having a confederate statue.. wonder who told them to try making that an issue?

ramblinwreckguru

Ramblin' Wreck
actually the bad cops are staying and the good ones are leaving. The bad cops don’t care what any of us think and will ride it out until,they have no choice. Trust me it’s the good cops that are leaving. They are tired of being called racist, tired of trying like hell to follow ever changing laws, trying to help ungrateful people etc. if you are good these things bother you, they add up mentally, you bust your *** to help everyone and then feel spit upon. They feel admin throws them under the bus to save their own butts. That in a time of equality it’s become acceptable to judge them by the clothing they wear. The simple truth for a good cop is that they have to get out now - with some kind of retirement in tact. Bad cops will just hide more, be slow to calls, not confront criminals, unresponsive to request. It’s easy to hide in government work.

bad cops are a liability for everyone but they will stay, where else they gonna go ? and there will be more coming. It’s one reason good cops don’t rat out bad ones, they won’t be dealt with and they will be your back up after you report them, so the good cop is f’ed either way.

you are losing college grads who wanted to give back, kids who grew up in their hometown and wanted to help it, those who want to serve their community, all are hesitant to sign up now. In 2-3 years the bad people being hired now will be the ones on the force, responding to these call and the public won’t like what a real force of bad cops looks like. . I don’t know one of my cop friends who hasn’t blocked their kids from joining the ranks if they tried. I personally gave my son a bad reference when he tried to join a neighboring agency. I don’t want my son dying for ungrateful people who won’t bother to learn his job or his risks, or those who judge him by sight as they demand equality, no sir ! Not giving my son to that crowd.

it was so vitally important for citizens to understand the job PRIOR to judging. For citizens to recognize the real statistical data rather than media and BLM pushed narratives, I fear it’s to late. Judgement has been passed on all cops. Good cops are quitting everywhere. The ones that stay are becoming more and more cynical and truthfully are starting to look at citizens as the enemy, which isn’t a good thing.

good cops are good people first and good people can’t function in this environment. I’ve said it before, most police shootings are justified but today a good cop can be proclaimed to be bad cop in a millisecond, by the people he serves off nothing more than rumors. second guessing is the norm now. A good cop is that close to not only losing his job but even his freedom.

I haven’t heard one thing about qualified immunity being taken from those who write the laws which are unjust, those who prosecute those who shouldn’t be prosecuted or those who improperly sit in judgement over the laws. Only for the ones who try to enforce what they are told to enforce. Qualified Immunity was meant to protect those who do their jobs correctly (departments and cops) and in good faith. The blanket has been extended to those who are truly criminals, not to protect the criminal cop but to protect those in charge of the entire system.

you posted a response about a duty to provide equal protection under the law earlier, The City of Portland has been burning for what, a year now ? Are those city leaders liable for the lives they have sat by and watched ruined ? It may be a conservative refrain now but kids are still dying in Chicago at record numbers. School systems are being ran by career politicians who are rich off systems that fail our kids. All have qualified immunity. Equal protection under the law has been a thing of the past for a while now, we are well into government leaders protecting their huge salaries. When the public figures out who the real culprits are then and only then can issues be resolved.

until then it’s easy to stop a lot of these issues, rescind the laws that we don’t need. Stop allowing government to feed off any of us !

I completely understand what you're saying and what the police as a whole must be feeling and thinking right now with the constant negative media barrage towards them, but I do hope like hell that there is not a mass exodus of the good cops out there as you predict. The main problem I see here is that the constant negative media frenzy as well as certain (police) hate groups do not actually represent the overwhelming majority (I hope) of American citizens.

I'd be willing to bet that if you polled everyone in the US that you would find that the overall opinion by far of cops is actually very positive and respectful. Unfortunately, the hateful and disrespectful minority is a lot more vocal and radical than the majority of us who respect and appreciate our boys (and girls) in blue. I am as guilty of this as much as anyone for not making my voice heard more in defense of the overall police organization, and I along with all the others who truly respect and appreciate our police men and women must do a much better job of supporting our local police with both our words and deeds.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, the media chooses not to reflect the country as a whole....
My own general, overall opinion of cops is positive and respectful, but it doesn't negate the fact that a few bad apples need to be held accountable and culled from the basket.
I don't know why this has to be an all-or-nothing issue for so many people.