CPJ's Demeanor

TechPhi97

Jolly Good Fellow
I think little Joe muffed up calling a player off the field that was supposed to stay in and RG kept looking back to call him on the filed. Luckily we didn't have to burn a TO to get the player ready for the play.

As far a coach giving Sims the eys, etc. What' you expect him to do? Go and sarcastically tell him he did a grat job with the ole' block?

Seriously, if you guys can't even figure out that Lamar Owens is the coach on the sideline and not Joe Hamilton I don't know where to start. Owens is the A-backs coach and the guy that CPJ was yelling at.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, if you guys can't even figure out that Lamar Owens is the coach on the sideline and not Joe Hamilton I don't know where to start. Owens is the A-backs coach and the guy that CPJ was yelling at.

A couple folks addressed this pretty quickly in the thread. It's also a point that's not worth belaboring as the thread's intent is still relevant.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Some players just have to be coached differently. Lee doesn't seem to take being chewed out to well. He starts playing to tentative when he messes up and Johnson lets him have it.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
As usual, I'm a bit taken aback by this thread and others like it.
I mean, really, do you guys watch other coaches at games? Almost all of them are like Coach. The glad-handers (Dabo comes to mind) are actually few and far between. Coaches berate players on the sidelines for screwing up all the time and, in general, they get enthusiastic when things are going well. This doesn't rate a surprised look from me, at least. Yesterday, with the continuation of perimeter blocking and QB read problems, Coach wasn't too pleased. It wasn't as if he was jumping down players throats, however.
But, hey, I came up watching Woody Hayes and Bear Bryant. Compared to those two, all present day coaches are wittle, twiny pussycats on the sidelines.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
mea culpa... I had read an earlier post and assumed he was correct. I didn't go and watch the game again to verify who it was... point was he was willing to hold someone responsible.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
7830981.jpeg

HNQTHYSUWZVEUEK.20110606172118.jpg

bke1984

Helluva Engineer