CPJ

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
I was describing the GS game to a business partner (we played for Woody Hayes a long time ago), after telling him about the 2nd half melt down, the first thing he asked was "Are they a young team?" I think that needs to be kept in perspective.....we are a young team, and there will be growing pains......and some of them will be ugly.
When did you play for OSU?

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
No we...."he", (bad editing/changing my thoughts mid sentence) my business partner......he graduated from HS around 76-77.
Me.....turned down West Point, most of the Ivy League and a DII scholarship to go to Tech and major in Architecture.
Thanks for sharing. Sorry for the personal question. Sometimes I act without thinking first. Usually it just effects my speaking but sometime my posting as well... As far as your original post I agree. We're young and with the bad the team has shown there is also a pretty big upside if they can just piece it together for a whole game.

Animal02

Banned
Thanks for sharing. Sorry for the personal question. Sometimes I act without thinking first. Usually it just effects my speaking but sometime my posting as well... As far as your original post I agree. We're young and with the bad the team has shown there is also a pretty big upside if they can just piece it together for a whole game.
My posting gets even worse after a few adult beverages. :confused:

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
For what it is worth, UVA has 5 x 5stars and 16 4 star players on their roster. 3 of the 5stars are on defense. Mr. tenuta would never trade players with us. You may think that Tenuta requires less talent but he currently is operating with alot more.
What were those UVA 5-stars doing before him vs what they're doing now? What are GT's 3-stars doing now vs what they were doing with him? You've got to ask the right questions before you can get to the right answers, and those seem like the right questions to me.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Where's the hard proof that recruiting has gotten better? Don't tell me that we are 17th in the rankings because that won't stand. Didn't say that the option makes your defense worse. Said CPJ himself has never had a good defense. Ask any Georgia Southern fan and they will back that up.
You've made some good points in this thread even when I haven't agreed with them; and you've been pretty much logical and civil. That's a nice change from the majority of posters who would fall on the side of not supporting the current staff.

One disagreement here: I'm pretty sure CPJ had some top 10 defenses at GSU (where his talent level was as good or better than most of his opponents).