CPJ vs CGC

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Just kidding. I just figured it was a way to bring both sides of the fan base to say this...2 months. Football is 2 months away so start getting excited. I'm already busting at the seams for football. Get ready and get on the same page. Too much bickering going on from grown men on the same side.

I may be speaking to deaf ears but I'm effing ready and beyond excited for FULL CAPACITY FOOTBALL. You should be too. Let's go. That and kill the tigers also. Go Jackets!!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I’m flying in one weekend in October for a game. I’ve been living out of state for 7 years and haven’t been to a game in 3.
Too long.
Far. Too. Damned. Long.

I haven’t nailed down the weekend yet; but when I do I will just say. It’s going to be ON!

Also, great post. Mind=Rite. No more durn Gold on Gold fights. Let’s square up to the opposition and G.A.T.A.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’m flying in one weekend in October for a game. I’ve been living out of state for 7 years and haven’t been to a game in 3.
Too long.
Far. Too. Damned. Long.

I haven’t nailed down the weekend yet; but when I do I will just say. It’s going to be ON!

Also, great post. Mind=Rite. No more durn Gold on Gold fights. Let’s square up to the opposition and G.A.T.A.
Don’t know where you live but flying in is not real hard as long as there’s no connections. Land, hop on Marta and within an hour you‘re in Midtown. From there I got 2 routines but the Friday one just really invloves dinner the night before and Waffle house on game day.

My standard Sat morning arrival routine: drop bag at the hotel or if I’m lucky check in early. Head to either Publix package store to pick up a 6 pack for pre-game tailgate, go to game, hang out with whoever sticks around for post-game eat/drink-ex, then stagger back to hotel. Wake up early Sunday, Marta back to airport, get on plane & return home.

I’ve done the flying up & back same day before but I found having too much beer on game day makes the drive home a bit sketchy. Wife absolutely refuses to travel up & back same day so when I do that I’m on my own.

The only game I think I’m skipping is the mutt game. Tickets are going to the relatives. They tolerate the mutt fans a lot better than I do and don’t mind as much when we lose.

I do not think you can compare the two... Maybe Collins vs Gailey.... But CPJ is a HOF Coach and outside one year of Bobby Ross propbably the best Coach since Bobby Dodd on the Flats.

I am hoping Coach Collins can get back to the Chan Gailey 7 wins a season and then we can talk abojt betating the dawgs and ACC Championships and Orange Bowls.... we need to take a baby step forward this year. 6 wins...play and coach .500 ball consistently, and then after the season we can debate if CGC has the ability to coach em up at the P5 level.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Don’t know where you live but flying in is not real hard as long as there’s no connections. Land, hop on Marta and within an hour you‘re in Midtown. From there I got 2 routines but the Friday one just really invloves dinner the night before and Waffle house on game day.

My standard Sat morning arrival routine: drop bag at the hotel or if I’m lucky check in early. Head to either Publix package store to pick up a 6 pack for pre-game tailgate, go to game, hang out with whoever sticks around for post-game eat/drink-ex, then stagger back to hotel. Wake up early Sunday, Marta back to airport, get on plane & return home.

I’ve done the flying up & back same day before but I found having too much beer on game day makes the drive home a bit sketchy. Wife absolutely refuses to travel up & back same day so when I do that I’m on my own.

The only game I think I’m skipping is the mutt game. Tickets are going to the relatives. They tolerate the mutt fans a lot better than I do and don’t mind as much when we lose.
If you're going to Waffle House try to make sure there is a cop inside already.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Too long.
Far. Too. Damned. Long.

Im trying to get back as well. Debating between the MBS game because it’s a different venue/something new or a game at BDS. I’ll definitely be in south bend November 20 though. It’s only a 5 hr drive from Flint. I went in 2015 and had a great team. ND fans are some of the best I have ever been around.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Just kidding. I just figured it was a way to bring both sides of the fan base to say this...2 months. Football is 2 months away so start getting excited. I'm already busting at the seams for football. Get ready and get on the same page. Too much bickering going on from grown men on the same side.

I may be speaking to deaf ears but I'm effing ready and beyond excited for FULL CAPACITY FOOTBALL. You should be too. Let's go. That and kill the tigers also. Go Jackets!!
You had me at “grown men.”

LibertyTurns

Banned
If you're going to Waffle House try to make sure there is a cop inside already.
I’ve waited for a counter stool before, but can’t say I’ve ever been so hungry that I had to use lethal force to get one. Something I need to know about the GT Waffle House?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I gotta ask...maybe someone can help. For some reason I think I heard a rumor that in order to attend a game at BDS you have to be vaccinated and have your card. Is that true or am I crazy?? I wanna buy tickets but want to make sure beforehand.

Please dont turn this into a covid thread lol a simple yes or no will suffice.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I’ve waited for a counter stool before, but can’t say I’ve ever been so hungry that I had to use lethal force to get one. Something I need to know about the GT Waffle House?

I agree. Yeah, I admit I have used the phrase "I'd kill for an All Star Special right about now" on more than one occasion but it was just a figure of speech when I said it.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I gotta ask...maybe someone can help. For some reason I think I heard a rumor that in order to attend a game at BDS you have to be vaccinated and have your card. Is that true or am I crazy?? I wanna buy tickets but want to make sure beforehand.

I don't believe that is true.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

I would think they would have needed to say something and I have not heard anything

64jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I do not think you can compare the two... Maybe Collins vs Gailey.... But CPJ is a HOF Coach and outside one year of Bobby Ross propbably the best Coach since Bobby Dodd on the Flats.

I am hoping Coach Collins can get back to the Chan Gailey 7 wins a season and then we can talk abojt betating the dawgs and ACC Championships and Orange Bowls.... we need to take a baby step forward this year. 6 wins...play and coach .500 ball consistently, and then after the season we can debate if CGC has the ability to coach em up at the P5

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Nah, just picking at the reputation of some of those places. For a spell there we had a report of a shooting once a week. I eat there on occasion but the problem I have is in the inconsistency of the food. (Once I ordered grits, butter on the side. I was told they could not serve them that way. Maybe that is a North Carolina thing.

slugboy

Staff member

A. if you want to be sure about that, ask the ticket office
B. Since Georgia public colleges aren’t requiring COVID vaccinations, and probably weren’t going to be allowed to anyway, and Gov Kemp and the GA legislature aren’t allowing public agencies to mandate vaccinations, I’d say something amazing would have to happen for it to be an entry requirement to a sporting event.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Nah, just picking at the reputation of some of those places. For a spell there we had a report of a shooting once a week. I eat there on occasion but the problem I have is in the inconsistency of the food. (Once I ordered grits, butter on the side. I was told they could not serve them that way. Maybe that is a North Carolina thing.
Hear ya, but back in the day I used to dream of being able to go to a classy place like Waffle House. Going there makes me feel like I’m back home.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer

The answer is for you to get vaccinated. Then there is no question.

However, I think The Slug is right. Though you have to ask whether the GTAA is an actual state agency …

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I’d say something amazing would have to happen for it to be an entry requirement to a sporting event.
The Braves are operating at full capacity with no mask requirement. I haven't heard of any issues there. I would think that if there are no issues associated with MLB games operating without mask mandates and no vaccination mandates that GT won't require them. If there are outbreaks associated with full capacity stadiums, then there are probably going to be bigger decisions than just whether to require masks or vaccines.

Basically, no matter what anybody thinks nor what anybody announces, we won't know for certain until close to game day. I seriously doubt that there will be any requirements, but if there is a deal breaker for @wesgt123 , then he should probably wait until the first game day to buy tickets. It is possible, though unlikely, that extreme events could change things at the last minute. Shoot, an extremely large untracked asteroid could the Earth the week before the first game and make football a mute point. If that were to happen, I wouldn't consider my season ticket purchase to be a waste. (In the case of an extinction level event I wouldn't be worried one way or the other about any financial decisions.)

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
One hell of a potential storm of a thread here. CPJ vs CGC with some vaccine talks sprinkled on top. What can go wrong lol.

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four