CPJ Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not that one in general, but the overall fan response. Many were upset he was higher then O’Leary
Oh here we go...according to the rules that the twitter poster put out there, removing bowls. O'leary won 7.3 games per year. CPJ won 7.4. CPJ also won an ACC championship. I wonder where she had Ross ranked as he only won 6 games per year?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
This?

No way he’s got issue with that.

I got news for that guy. There were not but a handful of bowl games all during the Dodd era. The big four of Orange, Cotton, Sugar, and Rose. Then a second tier of Gator, Bluebonnet and Liberty and the bottom feeders like the Independence Bowl, Oil, etc. In any given year during Dodd's time there were maybe a half dozen or so and that was about it. He had a couple of teams that were pretty good with 7-3 records that did not go bowling.

1612828190725.png

In case you wanted to see her rankings.

Reactions: yrp

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Oh here we go...according to the rules that the twitter poster put out there, removing bowls. O'leary won 7.3 games per year. CPJ won 7.4. CPJ also won an ACC championship. I wonder where she had Ross ranked as he only won 6 games per year?
I liked all three of them for different reasons. I did not care of Lewis and was kind of blah about Chan. I reserve judgement on Coach Collins for at least a year. Not that it matters, as he is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 9853
In case you wanted to see her rankings.
OK, but Alex was not beloved by the end of his time, national championship or not. As for Curry, he walked into the absolute worst situation of any of these coaches... and its not even close. Any chart that does not have Bill Lewis on the bottom is suspect. Coach Collins has not been here long enough for a valid judgement. I don't care about the points. Since tiers seem to be all the rage, these days, I would have a Tier One of Heisman, Dodd, and Alexander. Tier Two of Johnson, O'Leary, and Ross. Tier Three of Chan, Bud Carson, and Curry. Bill Lewis can have a tier all by himself and Coach Collins should not be in this discussion...yet.

OK, but Alex was not beloved by the end of his time, national championship or not. As for Curry, he walked into the absolute worst situation of any of these coaches... and its not even close. Any chart that does not have Bill Lewis on the bottom is suspect. Coach Collins has not been here long enough for a valid judgement. I don't care about the points. Since tiers seem to be all the rage, these days, I would have a Tier One of Heisman, Dodd, and Alexander. Tier Two of Johnson, O'Leary, and Ross. Tier Three of Chan, Bud Carson, and Curry. Bill Lewis can have a tier all by himself and Coach Collins should not be in this discussion...yet.
Well....Coach Collins is only 7 games away from Lewis' tenure. Lewis coached 92,93, and 7 games in 94.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I would put Ross 4th. A natty is worth a lot. O'Leary to 5th and CPJ to 6th. But I can understand why someone would flip those 2.

But its hard for me to believe fan reaction to some coaching rankings set him off.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The rankings seem about right to me, mainly because so many coaches are so close. You could quibble about who should be in one rank or another, but the thing that stuck out to me was how many of our coaches were so close to the top rank. Think about some other programs. They're lucky if they have one or two coaches who were consistent winners. For instance, Perdue, a school much like Tech, has had one consistent winning coach in the last 40 years: Joe Tiller. They've had great players - especially QBs - whose talent has been largely wasted. True, they play in a tough league, but so does Tech.

And, yes, I miss Paul too. Glad to see him setting the record straight. Maybe Collins can get us back up the stalk. Soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.