CPJ radio show tonight at 7

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey Cat Lady, can you ask a question? Here's a suggestion:
Arky's Coach Bielema said Auburn was stealing signals, the same complaint that FSU made during the championship game. Do we change-up how we call in defensive signals between the 1st half and the 2nd half?

Also, when you see the drastic difference between 1st and 2nd half like georgie vs clempsin, do you ever wonder how often this is happening?​

They didn't take any audience questions today, but he talked about signal stealing at one of last year's shows. Said his guys at Navy were so good and quick at figuring them out that was why he stuck with shuttling the offensive plays in with the backs. He didn't say exactly how we were communicating on defense (not wanting to give anything away). I'd guess that we have a way to counter it, since the coaches know how it happens.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
They didn't take any audience questions today, but he talked about signal stealing at one of last year's shows. Said his guys at Navy were so good and quick at figuring them out that was why he stuck with shuttling the offensive plays in with the backs. He didn't say exactly how we were communicating on defense (not wanting to give anything away). I'd guess that we have a way to counter it, since the coaches know how it happens.

Thanks. I know the Navy story, but it's dated a bit now. I was just wondering his take on what's in the news. Also, my gut tells me that Roof was getting ripped vs Georgie, but I don't know how.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Most college teams usually have multiple people (with only one being the correct one) signaling in the plays so no one can chart plays and decode signals.

Teams like Auburn and Oregon use the picture board or color tab method with multiple boards/color tabs at once.