CPJ Radio Show moving to Tuesday this week

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I do not care who is the interviewer, CPJ gets in a few digs.

I loved the Demetra comment about time of possession and how well the offense was holding the ball. Paul said the defense getting off the field was the reason we had the ball so much. He never lets up, even with our own guy.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I'm surprised that he didn't mention that we had problems holding onto the ball. Lol. I'm sure he did at other times. I'll give this a listen on the way home today. Does anyone know of a good adroid app to listen with? The default gives me a hard time, especially when I try to skip the commercials.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Interesting RE Recruiting: If a commit isn't willing to sign in December (the new early signing period), CPJ doesn't consider him committed.

There's a WR commit right now who said he wants to wait until February to sign.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Interesting RE Recruiting: If a commit isn't willing to sign in December (the new early signing period), CPJ doesn't consider him committed.

There's a WR commit right now who said he wants to wait until February to sign.
This is actually an excellent test for the commitment. CPJ is such a straight shooter and he wants players who do the same. If the recruit is not willing to sign the paper, then he is still unsure about coming to Tech.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
This is actually an excellent test for the commitment. CPJ is such a straight shooter and he wants players who do the same. If the recruit is not willing to sign the paper, then he is still unsure about coming to Tech.
What if the second coming of Calvin J wanted to wait?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What if the second coming of Calvin J wanted to wait?

If CPJ found a Julio Jones, that wanted to sign in December then I'm sure CPJ would say "Good luck, Calvin!"

I don't see anyone currently committed on our board that's on the Calvin/Julio level, so I guess we won't have to worry about that scenario playing out. :)

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
If CPJ found a Julio Jones, that wanted to sign in December then I'm sure CPJ would say "Good luck, Calvin!"

I don't see anyone currently committed on our board that's on the Calvin/Julio level, so I guess we won't have to worry about that scenario playing out. :)
I think CPJ would feel the same way. He has often said, "If you're still looking, so are we."
What PJ says and what goes on in his head might be two different things. Those are internal struggles that everyone deals with from time to time.