CPJ Press Conference

Matt E

GT Athlete
The last question was regarding Isiah's condition? I missed the last part of the game. Did he get injured?

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
[Reporter]: What are your thoughts on the defense?
[CPJ]: I don't understand the question.

How many times must this issue be discussed? The reporter isn't asking a question. He's asking you to make some statements for the record about our defense. Stop saying you don't understand the question when you absolutely do understand the question. Either give a press conference or type up a statement and fax it in.

I like CPJ. I acknowledge his limitations but like him anyway.

But listening to his pressers is like dancing nekkid under a hornet's nest.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

How many times must this issue be discussed? The reporter isn't asking a question. He's asking you to make some statements for the record about our defense. Stop saying you don't understand the question when you absolutely do understand the question. Either give a press conference or type up a statement and fax it in.

Imo, his thoughts on our D are obvious. He's following an old rule, if you can't say something nice, ...

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
Imo, his thoughts on our D are obvious. He's following an old rule, if you can't say something nice, ...

The way he replies certainly isn't nice. So no, he is not following any rule except "I can be an *******, so I will be" rule. I like his candor, but there is no reason to respond to that question in that way. He went on to say some very generic stuff afterwards. Why not just start with that instead of being confrontational?

Having said that, I don't really care how he behaves with the press. His job is to win games. If he does that, I'll be fine. Right now, I'm on the fence. He hasn't been able to instill a killer instinct in his teams for the past 4-5 years. Unlike a lot of people, I don't believe that the talent gap is very high. There is definitely some which mostly shows up in terms of the quality of the 2nd string etc., but we have not been able to finish games for quite a few seasons and that's concerning.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Did you hear the halftime comment by the Wofford coach--(as a 29 pt underdog, he is playing us even or so)---- he says-"we can play better" -he wouldn't acknowledge his team had played VERY well
his team played like their coach, TOUGH

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Did you hear the halftime comment by the Wofford coach--(as a 29 pt underdog, he is playing us even or so)---- he says-"we can play better" -he wouldn't acknowledge his team had played VERY well
Every coach is gonna say that.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
are you insinuating PJ isn't tough?

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Gets paid to much money for that bro. He's responsible for the while enchilada. Good or bad just tell it it how it ism sucked at times dominant om others . Will be addressed.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer

I listened to the press conference 4 times and I have no idea what the question was. The reporter is talking very fast, and that question is in-audiable. Try listening to it. What does the reporter ask? I don't know. Why do we hold our coach accountable to hear what was asked when I can't tell what was was asked and I have the benefit of slow motion:

REPORTER: "What do you know....what do you think you know about the defense now? (And then another run-on sentence that was unable to be understood)

CPJ: "What are you asking? I dont know what your asking?"

REPORTER: "I mean what you saw? What were your impressions? How do you think they played?"

PJ - "They made plays at times, and didn't make plays at times..." Then a few more minutes of reasonable comments about the opponent, their style, how the game unfolded, etc.

I have no problem at all with that interaction.

/

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I listened to the press conference 4 times and I have no idea what the question was. The reporter is talking very fast, and that question is in-audiable. Try listening to it. What does the reporter ask? I don't know. Why do we hold our coach accountable to hear what was asked when I can't tell what was was asked and I have the benefit of slow motion:

REPORTER: "What do you know....what do you think you know about the defense now? (And then another run-on sentence that was unable to be understood)

CPJ: "What are you asking? I dont know what your asking?"

REPORTER: "I mean what you saw? What were your impressions? How do you think they played?"

PJ - "They made plays at times, and didn't make plays at times..." Then a few more minutes of reasonable comments about the opponent, their style, how the game unfolded, etc.

I have no problem at all with that interaction.

/

Good news is @John and I were there firsthand. Ken @ AJC asked the question and he was just trying to understand CPJ's thoughts on the defense after game 1. It was a fairly ambiguous question, to which CPJ asked for clarification is his own unique way, and Ken calmly responded with more context. This whole thing is overblown - it's not worth reading any more into it.