CPJ Press Conference #GTvsUSF

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Well CPJ sounded a little down, and not very confident about this weeks game. I hope that is just coach being coach and not a sign of things to come.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
USF game is a trap... USF is a 37 points on average playing at their house and GT has a new defense and a young backfield going against a good QB with great receivers. I think CPJ knows it is hard to win and he is a realist. This is not an easy win.

As a fan, I like to point out they have had an easy schedule. But that does not mean the offense is not good!

Beating a dead horse... this game is about our defense!

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
Well CPJ sounded a little down, and not very confident about this weeks game. I hope that is just coach being coach and not a sign of things to come.

My guess is this is motivation/coaching for the offense...I think he knows the potential, and he's trying to get the most out of them. The fortunate (?) thing is they realize it too.

There may have been a little bit too much confidence coming out of camp.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
USF game is a trap... USF is a 37 points on average playing at their house and GT has a new defense and a young backfield going against a good QB with great receivers. I think CPJ knows it is hard to win and he is a realist. This is not an easy win.

As a fan, I like to point out they have had an easy schedule. But that does not mean the offense is not good!

Beating a dead horse... this game is about our defense!
Many keep harking back to last year and their ppg or some other stat. This team is not last year's team. They've changed so many pieces, they're not even close to last year's team. Now, they might turn out to be as good, better, or worse than last year's team, but we won't know until several games into the season. USF has good players, they have a good coach, so we never know what's going to happen.

I actually anticipate that TM and the O-Line are going to take great strides this week (historically, biggest jump in improvement between Week 1 and Week 2), and I expect that we will run USF out of the stadium. I could be 100% wrong too. I think we take control of this game early and never sweat it (regardless of what the final score is). I've been wrong before, so I could be all wet, but that's what I'm looking for on Saturday. I'm not now, nor have ever been one that fears my opponent. Respect my opponent, but never fear them.

I start every season thinking we can go 15-0 (which we can). I'm realistic enough to know that most likely that won't happen, but until we lose, I maintain that standard.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Many keep harking back to last year and their ppg or some other stat. This team is not last year's team. They've changed so many pieces, they're not even close to last year's team. Now, they might turn out to be as good, better, or worse than last year's team, but we won't know until several games into the season. USF has good players, they have a good coach, so we never know what's going to happen.

I actually anticipate that TM and the O-Line are going to take great strides this week (historically, biggest jump in improvement between Week 1 and Week 2), and I expect that we will run USF out of the stadium. I could be 100% wrong too. I think we take control of this game early and never sweat it (regardless of what the final score is). I've been wrong before, so I could be all wet, but that's what I'm looking for on Saturday. I'm not now, nor have ever been one that fears my opponent. Respect my opponent, but never fear them.

I start every season thinking we can go 15-0 (which we can). I'm realistic enough to know that most likely that won't happen, but until we lose, I maintain that standard.
I share your enthusiasm for what this team can be. I think we will see our BBack Dive return with a vengeance and expect the Defense to be turned up as well. This team WANTS to improve from last year. There has been a buzz around the players in their interviews about going down as a great senior class and reversing the abysmal road track record we had last year is next up on the To-Do List.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I’m seeing the Bruce Jordan Swilling is questionable against USF. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I like CPJ holding his QB to a high standard. There has to be accountability everywhere, especially under center. TQM needs to lead by example and I think CPJ is challenging him to do just that.