CPJ Players Upset Not Getting Swag

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Having seen previous tweets, I don't think their gripe is gear. It's the media narrative about program changes and they feel slighted. It is what it is, though. Outside of a very small sliver of our own fanbase, nobody is paying any attention. There are hundreds and hundreds of former players. Not realistic to think they are all gonna be happy and supporting the program. The vast majority seem to be.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ve spoken to swilling a few times and one was quite candid. At the Louisville game, it was brief, we were blowing them out. Alls well.

the other was at the letter winner tailgate. Collins was at the helm at this point.

in both conversations, he was not at all critical of CPJ (as he was gone at this point). He was super positive about the future of program and framed it around Collins excitement, recruiting and the new S&C approach. He was NOT nasty about cpj even while clearly being happy w Collins. He seemed resigned to the facts as they were toward the end of CPJ. He’s just an old school system coach. It’s tough to compete for athletes.

at any rate, swilling is awesome and a treat to talk to

also, all those dudes could gear. Throw down on the LWC seats and Lucius would surely hook them up

Deleted member 2897

I’ve spoken to swilling a few times and one was quite candid. At the Louisville game, it was brief, we were blowing them out. Alls well.

the other was at the letter winner tailgate. Collins was at the helm at this point.

in both conversations, he was not at all critical of CPJ (as he was gone at this point). He was super positive about the future of program and framed it around Collins excitement, recruiting and the new S&C approach. He was NOT nasty about cpj even while clearly being happy w Collins. He seemed resigned to the facts as they were toward the end of CPJ. He’s just an old school system coach. It’s tough to compete for athletes.

at any rate, swilling is awesome and a treat to talk to

also, all those dudes could gear. Throw down on the LWC seats and Lucius would surely hook them up

Swilling was chatting with someone I didn’t recognize @Clemson in 2017 a couple hours before the game. Looking around to see if anybody was within earshot. I heard about every third word, but it seemed like some big ideas were afoot and the future could be so much more bright. Could be Stansbury, could be the new Edge, the locker rooms, a new coach, better branding...or all of those. It doesn’t have to be about tearing one person down in favor of another - it could be about fighting to raise the ceiling of the program through any possible means.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
There are a couple players that have recently publicly showed their distaste with the current program for not getting free gear. Not to be rude, but I guess that is what CPJ taught his players? Or are they just salty? Really only current NFL players or guys making BIG waves in the business world are getting cool gifts from the program. I truly don't understand the whining over not getting a free tshirt and a free hoodie. If they want a shirt I'll buy them a shirt to shut them up. We have to separate this regime from the CPJ era.

Sorry, rant is over. Just extremely annoying that we are finally getting national exposure and a few guys are complaining because they aren't being noticed.

I'll just have to side with those posters who have reacted negatively to your post. Oh I, and I would suppose most of the other fonts on this forum, have never heard of any of any of this. Just for the heck of it, what forum and when were these coments by the SA's publicly aired

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll just have to side with those posters who have reacted negatively to your post. Oh I, and I would suppose most of the other fonts on this forum, have never heard of any of any of this. Just for the heck of it, what forum and when were these coments by the SA's publicly aired
im guessing its from this tweet that Freddie Burden replied too a few months afterwards

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Former Players of all sports, eras, genders, races, et al: You want something free? Show up for the Letterwinners Tailgate. Want to pay a little to get a little swag? Show up for the Letterwinners Golf Outings, football in the spring & all in the fall, pay your greens fees & you'll get a meal & a shirt or a hat. Or show up for the Special Recognition on field events like the tunnel, or (if qualified) something like Veterans' Day & you'll get a t-shirt of a hat.

IOW, support the Letterwinners Club, YOUR club (actually whether you lettered or not) & you'll get back what you put into it.