CPJ needs to be fired

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I would just want to know who may replace CJ? Anybody looked at the list of schools out there now looking for a head coach? And none of those looking have the combination of shackles of budget, lack of admin support, academic tecqirements, and lack of majors that we do. That is just reality that some of you don’t accept. I hated this year but With the competition out there this is not a good year to go looking for a HC. Another BLewis or Pepper would be our luck. Changing out some of our assistants I am all for.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Lane kiffin! Kendall briles!!!! Charlie strong!!! Scott frost!!!!

I think your "fire CPJ" is an over reaction. But at the same time. You actually did suggest some good options and if we decide to move on at some point. I'm open to anything. Scott frost will not come here so you can rule that out. Kiffin and Charlie strong are interesting bc they don't have a lot of social capital left and coming here would make sense to build something.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
No one is happy with 5 wins, but if you saw what Paul had to work with this year you’d understand. I️ Love TaQuon but he’s not a QB. Tech does not have an ACC caliber QB on it’s roster. Before you say anything about Lucas Johnson, he was a 2 Star heading to San Deigo st. Before Tech came into the picture, so he’s not ACC Caliber. Also Tech played all year with 1 BB. Paul refused to give Jerry a chance for whatever reason that was. The OLine was supposed to be Paul’s best ever but we thought wrong. Felt like the Wide receivers quit on their routes early because they couldn’t trust their QB to make a throw. Defense was up and down, and because of that Ted will be fired, I’m going to Miss the Austin’s and Corey but we have guys better than them ready to take that spot. Whether it’s Johnson Campbell, or the freshman Kerr, Askew, Swilling. I️ feel like at some times we played players because of experience not because of their ability. (Brant shouldn’t have been on the field, Bruce is a better player with a higher ceiling)
The most frustrating part of the season is how we handled RedShirting players. We burned Jaytlin’s, Jaquan’s, Tariq’s, Td’s, for what? Special Teams? made no sense to me.

jacob

Banned
I think your "fire CPJ" is an over reaction. But at the same time. You actually did suggest some good options and if we decide to move on at some point. I'm open to anything. Scott frost will not come here so you can rule that out. Kiffin and Charlie strong are interesting bc they don't have a lot of social capital left and coming here would make sense to build something.
thanks. I think it would be interesting to see what Charlie could do here recruting wise

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
No one is happy with 5 wins, but if you saw what Paul had to work with this year you’d understand. I️ Love TaQuon but he’s not a QB. Tech does not have an ACC caliber QB on it’s roster. Before you say anything about Lucas Johnson, he was a 2 Star heading to San Deigo st. Before Tech came into the picture, so he’s not ACC Caliber. Also Tech played all year with 1 BB. Paul refused to give Jerry a chance for whatever reason that was. The OLine was supposed to be Paul’s best ever but we thought wrong. Felt like the Wide receivers quit on their routes early because they couldn’t trust their QB to make a throw. Defense was up and down, and because of that Ted will be fired, I’m going to Miss the Austin’s and Corey but we have guys better than them ready to take that spot. Whether it’s Johnson Campbell, or the freshman Kerr, Askew, Swilling. I️ feel like at some times we played players because of experience not because of their ability. (Brant shouldn’t have been on the field, Bruce is a better player with a higher ceiling)
The most frustrating part of the season is how we handled RedShirting players. We burned Jaytlin’s, Jaquan’s, Tariq’s, Td’s, for what? Special Teams? made no sense to me.
Literally every excuse you made, Paul Johnson is responsible for.

"Tech does not have an ACC caliber QB on it’s roster." That's on Johnson.
"Also Tech played all year with 1 BB. Paul refused to give Jerry a chance for whatever reason that was." That's on Johnson.
"The OLine was supposed to be Paul’s best ever but we thought wrong." That's on Johnson.

He's the head football coach. He can't blame the roster.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think Jay Jones has the ability to be a very very good QB if he can get the reads down and not try to make something when there is nothing (just get what he can't get and play another down) I also agree it seemed we play experience over ability, JMO.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Literally every excuse you made, Paul Johnson is responsible for.

"Tech does not have an ACC caliber QB on it’s roster." That's on Johnson.
"Also Tech played all year with 1 BB. Paul refused to give Jerry a chance for whatever reason that was." That's on Johnson.
"The OLine was supposed to be Paul’s best ever but we thought wrong." That's on Johnson.

He's the head football coach. He can't blame the roster.
Yep, but those things aren't the norm, neither are they FACTS.