CPJ needs to be fired

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
Kelly from FSU if I'm not mistaken, might have been another guy as wel.
There have been several reported instances of this. CPJ wanted Stacy Searles to come coach the OL at one point, but was told it wasn't in the budget. He wanted to hire Ellis Johnson when he got this job, and Ellis wanted to come, but the $ wasn't there. Those are just the first 2 I can think of...

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
Always been a fan of CPJ... and this last 4 weeks has caused me to question that but honestly firing CPJ isn't gonna do anything. We play 3 teams every year that has top 10 recruiting year in and year out. Clemson is already on another level and looks like Miami and UGA are soon to follow. CPJ is great X's and O's guy but the he isn't god, if you got names on who could recruit with those schools I'm all ears.

I really wish CPJ could field a team to win the ACC since most say he won his only championship with Chans recruits. Just doesn't look or feel like it will ever happen. College football has changed in the last 10 years and we seem to be on the wrong side of it.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Serious as a heart attack. How many episodes of “Change the Coach” do you have to watch before you come to realize that coaches coach and players play. Recruiting rankings are real and indicative of potential for success. The better question would now be: “Are YOU serious?”
Coaches must have no impact on recruiting rankings....
Johnson couldn't recruit his way out of a paper bag

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
There have been several reported instances of this. CPJ wanted Stacy Searles to come coach the OL at one point, but was told it wasn't in the budget. He wanted to hire Ellis Johnson when he got this job, and Ellis wanted to come, but the $ wasn't there. Those are just the first 2 I can think of...
Ellis is the other guy I've heard of besides kelly. Thanks for the info.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Coaches must have no impact on recruiting rankings....
Johnson couldn't recruit his way out of a paper bag
Most head coaches don't recruit much, the staff does the recruiting and CPJ meets with the guys and talks with them, but he's not their main recruiter.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Always been a fan of CPJ... and this last 4 weeks has caused me to question that but honestly firing CPJ isn't gonna do anything. We play 3 teams every year that has top 10 recruiting year in and year out. Clemson is already on another level and looks like Miami and UGA are soon to follow. CPJ is great X's and O's guy but the he isn't god, if you got names on who could recruit with those schools I'm all ears.

I really wish CPJ could field a team to win the ACC since most say he won his only championship with Chans recruits. Just doesn't look or feel like it will ever happen. College football has changed in the last 10 years and we seem to be on the wrong side of it.

Good post. Enjoy the special seasons that CPJ gives us and support our players/team in the ones inbetween. Thats all we can do unless someone knows how to even the playing field in recruiting with the football factories.

Jmonty71

Banned
I'll say this. When we have the proper players, in place, we all have seen what it can do. Over the last 5-6 years, the O has been on the top 25 a few times. So, we know the system can work. I'm still waiting for a top 25 D to show up. Clearly, over the 5-6 years, the issue has not been the O. This year was off. The D is a huge issue and remains an issue. I think until the D is fixed, we'll continue to have losing seasons.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
Good post. Enjoy the special seasons that CPJ gives us and support our players/team in the ones inbetween. Thats all we can do unless someone knows how to even the playing field in recruiting with the football factories.

There is a way to do it but the administration and alumni do not have the balls to do so. Football is the front porch to the school, like it or not.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
It happens, remember 2012? Or were you even born yet then? Uga kills us every once in a while, we sqeak out glorious close wins every once in a while, and Uga just beats us all the rest of the times.

FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk