CPJ needs to be fired

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What? I expected this from you. "CPJ is the greatest coach ever. He is the beast we can do ever"! Hahahahahahahaha

I purposely don't say anything one way or the other so .. why did you expect anything from me?

#Stahhp

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Duke is a brand. Georgia Tech is not. No matter how hard you want it to be either. Duke has put a lot more money into their athletic program that GT is willing too. They’ve got good players and good coaches too. Not everybody wants to be an engineer (and I’m an engineer saying this). Duke has a lot to offer their recruits.

Are you being serious? Duke is still Duke. They lost to Army before embarrassing us.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
It's ok man. These people are happy with 5 wins. It's good enough for them. What a shame
None of us are but your acting like a child. A new coach is just a bandaid . I want a new coach also but it's more than replacing cpj at this point

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
obviously we need to poach Jason Candle from the GOAT coaching factory University of Toledo. Nick Saban, Gary Pinkel, Matt Campbell... Urban wanted to GA there but Saban forgot to call him back so he ended up at BG but that was almost another

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
So to the OP. Are u starting a gofundme page. Need dollars to can paul

I think he needs to start with his staff and see what happens

I think the only way CPJ will fire Roof is if TStan forces him to. And he is unlikely to dismiss other staff for the same reason he keeps Marshall in when he’s playing horribly, and the same reason he wants to prove he can win with 2* and 3* recruits: his pride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Yes. I just want a youth turnover. Preston is ok. But we need staff mastering enrgy on the trail. Buzz is ok. If he stays ok. But for Me lets shake it up
Ok, can see that but I would like to atleast keep all the others I mentioned, and personally keep Preston because our WR's block so well and have made the NFL with him coaching them.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
This is difficult for me, because we're talking about a guy who's beaten u(sic)ga twice in the last 4 seasons. It seems asinine to want that guy to go. But if he WERE to go tomorrow, I'd completely understand the argument for that, too. I agree that he needs several younger and more energetic guys on his coaching staff, particularly at OL and DC. I hope Stansbury sees what I saw in terms of the lack of preparation and enthusiasm from our guys today. This Tech team has looked like they've just quit both the last two weeks, and I think that's as damning as anything else. But if we ask for change and get it, we as a fan base have to be more willing to put our $ where our mouths are, and I'm not sure I know enough young alumni willing to part with the $ it would take to see meaningful changes in a short period of time....

BootsCostMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
Are you being serious? Duke is still Duke. They lost to Army before embarrassing us.

Serious as a heart attack. How many episodes of “Change the Coach” do you have to watch before you come to realize that coaches coach and players play. Recruiting rankings are real and indicative of potential for success. The better question would now be: “Are YOU serious?”

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Let's revisit the ACC coach gossip from August:
"They had a freshman back (Dedrick Mills) that is going to be pretty good, but other than that, their personnel is probably towards the bottom of our league.”

I'd say that coach nailed it.
When will we accept that our talent level is just average? It has been for many years. It was slightly above average with Gailey. O'Leary had slightly better than that. Every year we seem to think "with another year of experience and some really good talent coming in, we will be better".
WE. SIMPLY. DON'T. HAVE. ENOUGH. TALENT. to be any better than we have been. Two reasons : tough academics and an offensive scheme that has not been shown to translate into success at the next level. Why do we think very few of our players get drafted?