CPJ needs to be fired

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
He won't be fired this offseason. It's not a matter of should or shouldn't. He won't. He can't. That being said he's dangerously close to dead man walking status, with two loosing seasons in 3 and throwing the dc under the bus stops being effective especially when the O is as bad as it was this year.

That being said what makes it hard to replace Johnson is that if we fire him, there is little chance that we go with another real triple option coach. Monken would probably be the best bet because he's familiar with the system but has shown a willingness to adapt it that Johnson hasn't. But that would make sense if Johnson retires. Not if he is fired. Otherwise something like Chad Morris, Charlie Strong, or a high profile assistant, Venables would be what we could look at. IMO we'd be better of looking into the FCS level and try to identify the best fit for us. Mike Houston would be my pick from what little I know about that level.
There is no chance in hell that GT will drop down to FCS

Joebot57

Georgia Tech Fan
One coach? That's it? Hahahha
Kiffen is a good coach but toxic, GT has no chance on Frost, Strong underperforms with good talent and Briles has a horrible reputation, if GT could land Frost that would be great but not happening

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Let's revisit the ACC coach gossip from August:
"They had a freshman back (Dedrick Mills) that is going to be pretty good, but other than that, their personnel is probably towards the bottom of our league.”

I'd say that coach nailed it.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
He should be encouraged to leave. He has to realize it's not working out. D1 Top25 football is not the same as Navy or Ga So. It's just not going to work at this level. Not competitive enough. Recruiting against CUSA, and FCS etc. You're a CUSA/FCS level team. Just not going to work at the D1, Top 25 level. He needs to stand down.

I actually think Monken or Jasper from Navy could easily make it work. Both of those guys mix it up and run more than the same base package every game. The only reason it doesn't work consistently is because PJ can't get someone good enough to be more balanced. I maintain that the only reason people are able to negatively recruit GT is because PJ refuses to do anything different. He never passes unless it's absolutely necessary. That's his mindset - that's who he is. Well that mindset has degraded the talent enough that now it's nearly impossible. Passing shouldn't be a complete after thought in my opinion. It clearly is for PJ.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
With the players and resources we have TODAY, we should have beaten UT, Miami, UVA and Duke.

No facilities. No 5 star recruits. Just prep and coaching.

would of, could of and should of.... all fantasy land. Reality is we DIDN'T. Thats what we know.

BootsCostMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
yeah, that explains our current 1 for 4 against Duke

Duke is a brand. Georgia Tech is not. No matter how hard you want it to be either. Duke has put a lot more money into their athletic program that GT is willing too. They’ve got good players and good coaches too. Not everybody wants to be an engineer (and I’m an engineer saying this). Duke has a lot to offer their recruits.