CPJ needs to be fired

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Put out the fire in your hair, take several deep breaths to stop the hyperventilating, quit writing in capital letters, and remember that presumably everybody posting has some amount of exposure to higher education, and then act like it. Start by posting like real adults. The "Fire everybody" solution is no solution at all. It is like setting fire to your car when it has a flat tire. You no longer have a flat tire problem. I will say, though, it is entertaining as all get out.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ nor CTR are “the” problem. Georgia Tech is “the” problem. As soon as we’re ready to drop our standards and let whoever in, then we can compete. You’re not gonna innovate your way into winning consistently if you’re the only one left playing by the rules. Doing it the right way.
yeah, that explains our current 1 for 4 against Duke

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
how many DCs does the head coach get to hire and fire?

Who cares. A head coach has to do what they feel needed. Not sure why everyone is so hung up on dc turnover.

Brian kelly has had 3-4 since 2009.
Mark richt at uga had 4 or 5 iirc
Nick saban has rotated oc like turnstiles

Dc come and go. Really they come and who gives a flip. If they aint working find one that will. Cpj choices have been bad. So not sure anyone can trust him anymore. But he has the right to turn em over

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Yea after his raise from T Stan lol. CPJ tried to hire a different DC and was told the money wasn't there at the time.

"In 2014, according to the USA Today database, there were three ACC defensive coordinators who had a higher salary than Roof’s new contract will pay – Virginia Tech’s Bud Foster ($1,356,000), Louisville’s Todd Grantham ($975,000) and Clemson’s Brent Venables ($875,000)."

Did TSTAN get here in 2014? Cause Roof has been highly paid for a while. Keep making excuses.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
So to the OP. Are u starting a gofundme page. Need dollars to can paul

I think he needs to start with his staff and see what happens

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
"In 2014, according to the USA Today database, there were three ACC defensive coordinators who had a higher salary than Roof’s new contract will pay – Virginia Tech’s Bud Foster ($1,356,000), Louisville’s Todd Grantham ($975,000) and Clemson’s Brent Venables ($875,000)."

Did TSTAN get here in 2014? Cause Roof has been highly paid for a while. Keep making excuses.
Well maybe I'm wrong about that but it still doesn't neglect the fact that he wasn't able to hire who he wanted. You seem to keep ignoring that part.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

this. Been sayin it for years. Roof is highly compensated. Its a waste. He was top 26 in all the land for all assistants. Top 10-12 for dc alone.

Our issue is assistants Fcs quality

QuickKick

Georgia Tech Fan
He should be encouraged to leave. He has to realize it's not working out. D1 Top25 football is not the same as Navy or Ga So. It's just not going to work at this level. Not competitive enough. Recruiting against CUSA, and FCS etc. You're a CUSA/FCS level team. Just not going to work at the D1, Top 25 level. He needs to stand down.

Joebot57

Georgia Tech Fan
There is one coach I would take over PJ, Matt Canada. He's younger, experienced and has proven himself as an offensive genius. I think PJ will call it quits soon, he's very frustrated with GT and I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves and starts over at another school. I love the option but the players we have just cannot run it well. ST & O-line coaches need to get the boot for sure though.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
He should be encouraged to leave. He has to realize it's not working out. D1 Top25 football is not the same as Navy or Ga So. It's just not going to work at this level. Not competitive enough. Recruiting against CUSA, and FCS etc. You're a CUSA/FCS level team. Just not going to work at the D1, Top 25 level. He needs to stand down.
People have some short memories on this Board.

jacob

Banned
There is one coach I would take over PJ, Matt Canada. He's younger, experienced and has proven himself as an offensive genius. I think PJ will call it quits soon, he's very frustrated with GT and I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves and starts over at another school. I love the option but the players we have just cannot run it well. ST & O-line coaches need to get the boot for sure though.
One coach? That's it? Hahahha

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I like Scott Satterfield of Appalachian State

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
He won't be fired this offseason. It's not a matter of should or shouldn't. He won't. He can't. That being said he's dangerously close to dead man walking status, with two loosing seasons in 3 and throwing the dc under the bus stops being effective especially when the O is as bad as it was this year.

That being said what makes it hard to replace Johnson is that if we fire him, there is little chance that we go with another real triple option coach. Monken would probably be the best bet because he's familiar with the system but has shown a willingness to adapt it that Johnson hasn't. But that would make sense if Johnson retires. Not if he is fired. Otherwise something like Chad Morris, Charlie Strong, or a high profile assistant, Venables would be what we could look at. IMO we'd be better of looking into the FCS level and try to identify the best fit for us. Mike Houston would be my pick from what little I know about that level.